11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
vanillasky said:
i submitted our application on feb11 the expiry on the visa sticker is april4 but we arrived in canada oct18 so to make it 6mos it will be on april 17 for the actual 6month expiry. thanks
Hi,

Hopefully your not applying for LCP coz processing times is much longer compare to other TWP applications. It's better to extend your visa to be safe or sorry :)

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Does anybody help me with the timeline of working visa processing in New York with medical? I sent my application last February 23 and they received it on February 25. I need to take medical exam since I will be working with children. Until now, I have not heard any yet from New York office. Please help. thanks!

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

Hopefully your not applying for LCP coz processing times is much longer compare to other TWP applications. It's better to extend your visa to be safe or sorry :)
do you mean extend my trv after getting the work permit application?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
vanillasky said:
do you mean extend my trv after getting the work permit application?
Hi,

Before getting the result of your work permit applications. If you'll receive your documents back after April 17 onwards you don't have legal status in Canada it might cause trouble when you get your work permit on the border. I suggest extend your TRV now or call CIC. Better safe than sorry :)

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
chellesii76 said:
Does anybody help me with the timeline of working visa processing in New York with medical? I sent my application last February 23 and they received it on February 25. I need to take medical exam since I will be working with children. Until now, I have not heard any yet from New York office. Please help. thanks!
My timelines are exactly same as yours. USPS'd on 2/23; received on 2/25.
No response.

dr.mcq

Apr 2, 2013
Same thing as the above post. Received Feb 4th & nothing not even a medical request form. I should start June 1st... I'm not sure Ill be able to get it by then.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

Before getting the result of your work permit applications. If you'll receive your documents back after April 17 onwards you don't have legal status in Canada it might cause trouble when you get your work permit on the border. I suggest extend your TRV now or call CIC. Better safe than sorry :)
hi again could anybody help me how would i be able to know or get my client id with nyc consulate pleaseee..

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

Do i really need to extend my trv because from what ive read on the cic website if you are applying for a work permit you dont need to apply separately for your trv as it will be given or issued to you on your passport when they release it. If you require visa. So i kinda confused in here. I am filipino and i require trv to enter canada in case i need to flagpole to get my work permit. isnt it the visa sticker they put on the passport on my work permit application? a trv ? that i can use to present to the cbsa to be able to enter again and get work permit and also the letter. ? i submitted my application along with my passport by mail. please help thanks

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
dr.mcq said:
Same thing as the above post. Received Feb 4th & nothing not even a medical request form. I should start June 1st... I'm not sure Ill be able to get it by then.
Hello! Do you think we can go ahead and do our medical before we receive any mefical packet from the consulate? Thanks!

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
dr.mcq said:
Hello everybody, I'm just so glad that I found this forum. At least I have some hope now.

I applied for a wp Feb-4th (arrived to the NY office) and haven't heard anything from them until now. I sent a couple of emails with no response.

I'm a physician so my application requires a medical exam, which depressingly I have not received the medical exam form yet.

My question is, for those who required a medical exam, how much time did it take to receive the medical exam form? and once submitted how much time did it take to have the approval?

I'm supposed to start June 1st & now I'm really freaking out that Ill miss that date & I have nothing to do about it.
Best of luck for you guys
Hello! We are in the same boat as needing medical since I will be working with children. They received my application on Feb 25 and heard nothing yet from consulate. Can we go ahead and have our medical done before we receive notice from them. Thanks!

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
cherrynoir said:
I received it on 1st march. Yes, I complete 2 months this 7th march - but I havent received my passport till now :( Good luck to all of you !
Hello. Do you need a medical exam?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
chellesii76 said:
Hello! We are in the same boat as needing medical since I will be working with children. They received my application on Feb 25 and heard nothing yet from consulate. Can we go ahead and have our medical done before we receive notice from them. Thanks!
Hi,

Wait for the instructions from the embassy. They will give you form which you'll bring to designated medical practitioners (DMPs) or panel physicians. :)

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
To Chelessii76,

Are you applying for a live in caregiver program?

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
Hi all,
I have recieved a reply for my email from Canadian cosulate. Along with I found a number starting with 'W' in the subject line. "Work Permit application Status W602449545". Does any one know if we can trace the status of the application with this number.

Thanks
nsawse

--------------------------------Email Snapshot from Canadian Consulate-------
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

vahid.gh

Feb 21, 2013
nsawse said:
Hi all,
I have recieved a reply for my email from Canadian cosulate. Along with I found a number starting with 'W' in the subject line. "Work Permit application Status W602449545". Does any one know if we can trace the status of the application with this number.

Thanks
nsawse

--------------------------------Email Snapshot from Canadian Consulate-------
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA