+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application under Global Skill strategy

Oct 20, 2023
Hi,

I am handling my brother's work permit file. He got an LIMA from a Quebec based employer. His position is Business Analyst.
I have summitted his file (through his account) on August 9th 2023.
On August 12th, I checked the status, it says "You have passed the medical exam". I was expecting to receive the visa approval in few days, but nothing happened since then.

I have raised a web form asking that my application is under global skill, so I am eligible for 2 weeks processing time, after few weeks of raising the web form, I received and email saying my file is in process.

The employer also reached out to Canada government, they got an answer that the file is in India Visa Office. It may take a little longer.
After this message, we waiting a month again, but no progress.

When I applied for work permit, my brother was in Dubai as a visitor. So in the application, I said UAE for country where applying from.
Do you think it is the reason that it is taking so long ?

Now, should I change the country to India ?
Processing time for India is 9 to 10 weeks, and for UAE it is 29 to 30 weeks.
Does it mean , after changing the country ,that they will start the time counter from day 1 again ?

Any other suggestion ?

Last edited:

RAD0707

Mar 16, 2024
Any updates on your brother's application Dawinder? Did he get the Work Permit? and how long did it take after Biometrics?