+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit Application(Immigration asked for more info)// LMO not received yet

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

I applied for PR under CEC and then applied for work permit before my original work permit expired.
I am now on implied status.
I applied for my work permit online and just got reply back from them that we need more info. LMO Letter.
I just want to clarify that when i applied for Work Permit, I selected the option that my employer applied for Work permit.
I guess now immigration asking for the approval or reference number which I still don't have yet. They have given me time period of 10 days if i won't submit within that time period my application will be cancelled.

Any suggestion what i can do now?
Do I have to stop working right away?
Can I reapply once I get LMO, if this application gets cancelled?

Thanks for your replies. :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
preet0988 said:
Hi,

I applied for PR under CEC and then applied for work permit before my original work permit expired.
I am now on implied status.
I applied for my work permit online and just got reply back from them that we need more info. LMO Letter.
I just want to clarify that when i applied for Work Permit, I selected the option that my employer applied for Work permit.
I guess now immigration asking for the approval or reference number which I still don't have yet. They have given me time period of 10 days if i won't submit within that time period my application will be cancelled.

Any suggestion what i can do now?
Do I have to stop working right away?
Can I reapply once I get LMO, if this application gets cancelled?

Thanks for your replies. :)
You can hope your employer gets the LMO before 10 days are up. Otherwise, CIC will refuse your application.

Once you receive the refusal you must stop working. Further, you will need to either leave Canada or you will need to apply for restoration of status (if it has been 90 days or less since your work permit expired) and apply for visitor status. Once you have the LMO you can then apply for a new work permit, either online, by mail or at the border.

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
computergeek said:
You can hope your employer gets the LMO before 10 days are up. Otherwise, CIC will refuse your application.

Once you receive the refusal you must stop working. Further, you will need to either leave Canada or you will need to apply for restoration of status (if it has been 90 days or less since your work permit expired) and apply for visitor status. Once you have the LMO you can then apply for a new work permit, either online, by mail or at the border.
Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for the information.
Does refusal of work permit application has any affect on PR application?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
preet0988 said:
Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for the information.
Does refusal of work permit application has any affect on PR application?
Not in the circumstances you describe, no.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I guess if you can get your LMO before the restoration time is reached, you can get your work permit application along with restoration status. I guess these times you would be able to work as your application was under process. if you know any attorney there is no harm in consulting.

computergeek said:

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Indocanda said:
I guess if you can get your LMO before the restoration time is reached, you can get your work permit application along with restoration status. I guess these times you would be able to work as your application was under process. if you know any attorney there is no harm in consulting.
No, once the work permit has expired and the new application refused, you must stop working. Restoration of status just means you don't have to leave Canada, it does not restore implied status.

preet0988

Dec 19, 2012
computergeek said:
No, once the work permit has expired and the new application refused, you must stop working. Restoration of status just means you don't have to leave Canada, it does not restore implied status.
thanks for your help guys.

What if I get a reference number for LMO but not approval. I don't have any reference number yet but my employer going to call Canada service to see if they got a reference for the application. Will that help?

My employer is saying that you should be able to work as we applied LMO for you.