+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and NOC Employment Requirement

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Hello guys,

I got a question regarding work permit and its NOC Employment Requirement.
I got a job offer in a Skill B NOC. The Job's NOC employment requirement description says "A diploma or Bachelor's degree is required."
My employer likes my portfolio and he will willing to sponsor me for a work permit. He's been advertising the job for over a month.
I don't have a diploma or degree in that field.
In this case, will CIC refuse my work permit application because I don't meet NOC requirement?

I'm certainly able to do the job they're asking me to do.
It requires professional knowledge and at least several months of studies and training.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

kvrforum said:
Hello guys,

I got a question regarding work permit and its NOC Employment Requirement.
I got a job offer in a Skill B NOC. The Job's NOC employment requirement description says "A diploma or Bachelor's degree is required."
My employer likes my portfolio and he will willing to sponsor me for a work permit. He's been advertising the job for over a month.
I don't have a diploma or degree in that field.
In this case, will CIC refuse my work permit application because I don't meet NOC requirement?

I'm certainly able to do the job they're asking me to do.
It requires professional knowledge and at least several months of studies and training.

1. If the job offer requires a degree, and you don't have one, you probably should prepare for a refusal

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
PMM said:
HI

1. If the job offer requires a degree, and you don't have one, you probably should prepare for a refusal
I thought that as long as the job is not regulated in your province, it shouldn't matter?

OP, What is your NOC?

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
PMM said:
HI

No the job offer doesn't require a degree but the NOC employment requirement website says "diploma or bachelor's degree" is required.
My employer doesn't need me to get a degree. He's alright with my skills. I can do all of works he wants me to do.
My NOC is graphic designer.

Graphic Designer NOC webpage on "Find Your NOC" says "diploma or bachelor's degree in animation or visual art is required."

The job offer is valid. There's indeed no Canadian guy who's interested in working there.
The job offer itself doesn't require a degree.

In this case, can I apply for a work permit as a graphic designer? or should I expect a work permit refusal from CIC because I don't have a degree?

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Any more idea guys?

The original job offer doesn't require a degree.

But NOC website employment requirements says the job requires a diploma or degree...

In this case can I get a work permit without a degree?

kanghy9

Jul 7, 2021
Any more idea guys?

The original job offer doesn't require a degree.

But NOC website employment requirements says the job requires a diploma or degree...

In this case can I get a work permit without a degree?
Hey did you get a permit?