+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit after studies

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All

I am done with my PG diploma and i got my results on May 1st 2016. My study permit expires on August 1st 2016.

1. I heard there is a 90 days time period we can take to apply for a work permit.

2. I was also told that i should apply for my work permit 30 days before my study permit expires.

Which statement is true??

When can i apply for my work Permit??

Please guide me

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is recommended to apply at least 30 days before your study permit is expiring. Someone might have told you to apply 30 days before because validity of your PGWP would be more. Suppose you applied on 10th of May, and your PGWP was issued on 25th of may. Then they will give PGWP of 1 year or 3 years(depends on length of your program) starting on May 25th. and if will apply 30 days before then you will get some extra days on your PGWP.
sunitha1689 said:
Hello All

I am done with my PG diploma and i got my results on May 1st 2016. My study permit expires on August 1st 2016.

1. I heard there is a 90 days time period we can take to apply for a work permit.

2. I was also told that i should apply for my work permit 30 days before my study permit expires.

Please guide me

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

sunitha1689 said:
Hello All

Please guide me
1. You have to apply for your PGWP within 90 days of your graduation:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.

Ignore God of War

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why ignore lol. It is true. I said the same thing. She will get work permit for extra days if she will apply late.

"You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation". It doesn't say one can't apply if there are 60 days or 50 days or 30 days left. So, you can apply anytime within that 90 days time frame. However, you should apply as soon as you get your final transcript to be on the safer side in case anything goes wrong with the application.

Ignore PMM

PMM said:
HI

1. You have to apply for your PGWP within 90 days of your graduation:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.

Ignore God of War