+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work on Sin before getting work permit after study

Gill1234.shergill

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hello everyone

I just completed my study and applied for work permit last week. I just want to know if I am allowed to work full time legally before getting the work permit or have to wait 3 months to work before get work permit.

Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone

I just completed my study and applied for work permit last week. I just want to know if I am allowed to work full time legally before getting the work permit or have to wait 3 months to work before get work permit.

Thanks!
If by work permit you mean a PGWP then sure once you have applied you can work full time pending a decision

Guidance is here After the making an application section

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Last edited:

Gill1234.shergill

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thank you for the info,

since i need 1 year experience to apply for PR, can add the work experience for these 3 months to apply for PR. Or only after getting work permit i add the experience to towards PR under express entry .

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Thank you for the info,

since i need 1 year experience to apply for PR, can add the work experience for these 3 months to apply for PR. Or only after getting work permit i add the experience to towards PR under express entry .
Only after work permit , that's how they count the actual years.