KacheCanadian91

Jun 5, 2017
Surrey
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
16-08-2014
Hi,

My sister will be graduating December 2020 but after she writes her last exam on December 10, Can she work full time until her course result comes early in January/end of December and then we can apply for her PGWP?

I believe she can work full time with no issues while the PGWP application is in progress.

Please respond!

Engineer88

Dec 11, 2020
She can though continue to work part time until she receives her results and then full time once she submits the PGWP application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#off-campus
This may be a completely different issue but I could use your advice. I’m in a strange situation:

I applied for my PGWP on Oct 23rd. With all my documentation. When I was in university I was not a part of the coop program but I was very close with my faculty. I got an internship opportunity in my field of study for Winter 2020. It literally came out of nowhere. I obviously knew it was not legal for me to just drop a semester so I turned to my international office and they confirmed that I could only work full-time during a regularly scheduled break (which technically my uni doesn’t have). The head of my faculty and I discussed this issue and after a day he emailed me saying that he spoke to the international office and would write me an “official letter” that would let me do this internship.

The official university letter (dated signed and everything) stated that my regularly scheduled study sessions for the year would be Fall 19 and Spring 20 and that my break would be Winter 20 which is when my internship was. The international office gave me a thumbs up and so I attended all semesters full time (5 courses each) and finished my research internship that winter during my “break”. I had no reason to doubt him because he’s a real genius and had my best interest in mind which I am very grateful for.

However the more I read, the more I question this. Now I have disclosed everything in my PGWP about my internship (because I didn’t think this was wrong) but I didn’t mention the letter. Should I send the letter through a web form??