+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work full time after graduation while waiting for Post Graduate Work Permit

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
hello everyone!
I am international Student in Canada. My study was 10 months Full time post graduate Diploma from may 2014 to march 2015. But i got D grade in one of my last session of study, so i need to get minimum Grade C in that one subject to eligible for Graduation. That one subject is offered me as Part-time (because it is 3 hours per week, once in a week schedule) which is schedule January 2016 to March 2016.

According to CIC website final academic session of study as part-time is acceptable to eligible for post graduation work permit. And also Internation student in Canada can start work full time after apply to PGWP as well during waiting to receive PGWP.

so my question is " can i start work Full-time after my college issued an official letter of confirmation of graduation or I have to wait till I receive physical Post Graduate Work Permit in my hand?
please advise !! Thanks for giving time for my question!!

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you found the answer.
apply for PGWP with a letter of confirmation of graduation right after you can then you can continue to work

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

mek85 said:
hello everyone!
I am international Student in Canada. My study was 10 months Full time post graduate Diploma from may 2014 to march 2015. But i got D grade in one of my last session of study, so i need to get minimum Grade C in that one subject to eligible for Graduation. That one subject is offered me as Part-time (because it is 3 hours per week, once in a week schedule) which is schedule January 2016 to March 2016.

According to CIC website final academic session of study as part-time is acceptable to eligible for post graduation work permit. And also Internation student in Canada can start work full time after apply to PGWP as well during waiting to receive PGWP.

so my question is " can i start work Full-time after my college issued an official letter of confirmation of graduation or I have to wait till I receive physical Post Graduate Work Permit in my hand?
please advise !! Thanks for giving time for my question!!

1. You can be part time in the last semester only if there is no other option to be full time and you need only few courses to graduate.
2. You can work full time under implied status only after you applied for PGWP.

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Any one know that after completing my Masters in 1 year (3 terms, 4 months each) from UBC, how much long PGWP will be given to me ?