+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

Esele

Jul 14, 2017
Hello everyone. Please I need some help.
I already have a profile with cic as I have been granted a visit visa twice(paper based application) in my last application I mistake put my work experience as 2014 to 2015,instead of to 2016 and put my second job experience as 2016 to 2017. As u can see that means I have two years experience and which put my csr score at 226. I wanted to create my express entry profile and correct the mistake of my first employment as 2014 to 2016 but I am scared because
1. If they would penalize me for the mistake and say I am lying and thereby as for proof. Now the problem is I was paid in checks and sometimes by hand as so it doesn't reflect on my bank statement.
Should I be patient I use the one year that I can proof ( I have paid slips and back statement to prove this)
Or should I go ahead and use the 3 years and explain my situation.
Sorry for the long write up I wanted to make if clear.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. Please I need some help.
I already have a profile with cic as I have been granted a visit visa twice(paper based application) in my last application I mistake put my work experience as 2014 to 2015,instead of to 2016 and put my second job experience as 2016 to 2017. As u can see that means I have two years experience and which put my csr score at 226. I wanted to create my express entry profile and correct the mistake of my first employment as 2014 to 2016 but I am scared because
1. If they would penalize me for the mistake and say I am lying and thereby as for proof. Now the problem is I was paid in checks and sometimes by hand as so it doesn't reflect on my bank statement.
Should I be patient I use the one year that I can proof ( I have paid slips and back statement to prove this)
Or should I go ahead and use the 3 years and explain my situation.
Sorry for the long write up I wanted to make if clear.
There's an applicant who also made a mistake in his study permit by claiming he was unemployed for certain period of time, he then claimed work experience during that time for CRS points and eventually during the processing of his application he received a request to provide bank statements, pay stubs and tax returns. He failed to provide those and was charged for misrepresentation.

If you can prove your work experience then go for it and claim points for it, otherwise be careful about it.

Esele

Jul 14, 2017
There's an applicant who also made a mistake in his study permit by claiming he was unemployed for certain period of time, he then claimed work experience during that time for CRS points and eventually during the processing of his application he received a request to provide bank statements, pay stubs and tax returns. He failed to provide those and was charged for misrepresentation.

If you can prove your work experience then go for it and claim points for it, otherwise be careful about it.
Thanks for the reponse

Adithyadn

Aug 2, 2017

Hi DelPiero07,

Can you please help me with this:

I had a job between June 16,2014 - June 09, 2017 (7 days short of 3 years). Now when I list my work experience in the profile, it is entered as June 2014 - June 2017. Which would be taken as 3 years of work ex. but I haven't worked those last 7 days to fulfill my 3 years. How should I put this in profile ? Or is it fine leave the system to calculate as 3 years ?

Thank you in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero07,

Can you please help me with this:

I had a job between June 16,2014 - June 09, 2017 (7 days short of 3 years). Now when I list my work experience in the profile, it is entered as June 2014 - June 2017. Which would be taken as 3 years of work ex. but I haven't worked those last 7 days to fulfill my 3 years. How should I put this in profile ? Or is it fine leave the system to calculate as 3 years ?

Thank you in advance.
You can leave it as is but if you obtain an ITA you have to make sure that you only claim 2 years of work experience.

That is, you'd have to calculate your score by counting 2 years of work experience and if it is still above the cutoff score of the draw for which you were invited then you can proceed.

Adithyadn

Aug 2, 2017
You can leave it as is but if you obtain an ITA you have to make sure that you only claim 2 years of work experience.

That is, you'd have to calculate your score by counting 2 years of work experience and if it is still above the cutoff score of the draw for which you were invited then you can proceed.
Thanks for prompt response.

Another quick question:
I had a Bachelors and Masters from US, Then worked 3 years after graduation.

Now currently I am pursuing my second masters degree in US. Should this be listed in the profile ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for prompt response.

Another quick question:
I had a Bachelors and Masters from US, Then worked 3 years after graduation.

Now currently I am pursuing my second masters degree in US. Should this be listed in the profile ?
No need. You can list it in the personal history section once you receive your ITA.

Adithyadn

Aug 2, 2017

Well in that case, Can I list the end date of employment as May 2017 instead of June 2017 ? So that points are calculated only for 2 years of work exp.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020

I am too going through same problem. While filling imm1294 form for study permit, I mistakenly entered wrong start date of one of the work experiences. Now I am filling express entry profile and it ask for work history. What should I mention? Also, are there chances VO will look into previously submitted imm1294 form? Please answer @DelPiero07