+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience through temp agency

Jan 4, 2016
My partner and I have received our ITA. I now need to provide letters from my employers.

I have had many temp jobs though. In Belgium, it is very common that you first work for a company through a temp agency for 6 months and after these 6 months you get a fixed contract.

I'll give an example:
For six continuous months I worked at the premises of company A through temp agency B. I had week contracts with the temp agency B. The contracts do say that I was working at company A. Pay slips were issued by temp agency B.
After six months I was offered a permanent contract with company A. I now get paid directly by company A.
The job title and duties have remained the same for the entire period.

I have the following questions:
- Who do I have to ask for an experience letter? The temp agency, company or both?
- Who do I enter as employer?
- Do I have to split it up in my work history?

Thanks heaps in advance!

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Show it as one experience.

1. Make sure you get letters from both the companies.
2. ask Temp agency A to write that you were working for B
3. ask company B to write that you were on rolls of agency A for initial 6 months.
4. transfer letter from temp agency A stating that you are being transferred to company B.

attach all relevant company letters you have received during this period...

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
cjs said:
Show it as one experience.

1. Make sure you get letters from both the companies.
2. ask Temp agency A to write that you were working for B
3. ask company B to write that you were on rolls of agency A for initial 6 months.
4. transfer letter from temp agency A stating that you are being transferred to company B.

attach all relevant company letters you have received during this period...
wow cjs