+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience that has only recorded work hours by the month

solo123

May 17, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine. I am currently trying to go over my work experiences and the oldest one that is from 2015 doesn't include weekly hours.

I have tried to get in touch with the company and see if they can look at the old system they had at that time. Unfortunally, the weeks with hours wasn't saved, so for example if a request for hours would be done for Nov 2015, then the system will give you 160 hours and nothing else.

From what I understand from the website cic work-hours the hours need be calculated weekly.

The hours for each month is 160 or more hours, so it is considered full-time, but I don't think I am able to prove this because of the work experience policy on the express entry.

I am thinking about not including this work experience, but if anyone has a suggestion then your more than welcome to add a comment.

Thank you

solo123

May 17, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing fine. I am currently trying to go over my work experiences and the oldest one that is from 2015 doesn't include weekly hours.

I have tried to get in touch with the company and see if they can look at the old system they had at that time. Unfortunally, the weeks with hours wasn't saved, so for example if a request for hours would be done for Nov 2015, then the system will give you 160 hours and nothing else.

From what I understand from the website cic work-hours the hours need be calculated weekly.

The hours for each month is 160 or more hours, so it is considered full-time, but I don't think I am able to prove this because of the work experience policy on the express entry.

I am thinking about not including this work experience, but if anyone has a suggestion then your more than welcome to add a comment.

Thank you

Sorry, the link should be for my stream at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html