+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Query - Important

VipsB

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
I have just edited work experience section in my EE profile and added my present experience by selecting 'this is my present job' (from May,2014 to blank).
My employer has provided me with the reference letter, dated 5th May 2015, saying that he is presently working with the company and mentioning the duties performed.Suppose I receive ITA and have to send the scanned copy of reference letter.Will this letter, dated 5th May 2015, work fine or will I have to get the letter created again (from my company) with the new latest date??

Thanks.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get your ITA in another 1 or 2 months, then its fine. Otherwise its more than six months or so, then you need to def get a new one

sreedhar85in

Feb 7, 2015
I think the reference letter from the current employer is valid even if the letter is a bit old or more than 6 months. I think the visa officer will give credit/consider the work experience only till the date in which the reference letter is issued. If you have already covered the required number of years in the reference letter, I think Visa officer cannot reject it because it is a old document. No where it is mentioned that reference letters are valid only for six months. Reference letters does not have any validity in my opinion. You will get credit for work experience till the date on which that reference letter is issued.
Experts Please advice us on this issue, as I am also facing similar situation.
Thank you!

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reference letters are valid for your current job as long as your are employed. There is no mention of validity of reference letter anywhere.