+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Points - Saskatchewan Express Entry

ravi_123

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how many points will I get for work experience in the SINP-Express Entry 100 point grid.

My work experience is as follows:

October 2009-Mar 2011:::Company xyz
April 2011-Feb 2014::::Company abc

I will be claiming points for both the above work experiences.

Will it be 6 points(3 years in the most recent five years) or will it be 8 points(4 years in the most recent five years).What does most recent five year mean.Does it mean time period before 26th July 2015(todays date) or does it mean time period before 1st Jan 2015.Please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll have to count backwards from the date of submission. If you were submitting on 1st Aug 2015, 5 years window would be from 1st Aug 2010 till 31st July 2015.

Within that period, you have 6 months less than 4 years so it will be 6 points.

smdr

Jun 20, 2015
I have a question about work experience from Saskatchewan. Does one get additional 5 points for working on project in Regina for just two weeks? moreover, employer was from Alberta

ravi_123

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You'll have to count backwards from the date of submission. If you were submitting on 1st Aug 2015, 5 years window would be from 1st Aug 2010 till 31st July 2015.

Within that period, you have 6 months less than 4 years so it will be 6 points.
Hi Asivad Anac,

I have total of 59 out of 100 points and therefore don't qualify for SINP-Express Entry.Can I get points for my wife's education and language skills?I am just thinking but nothing is mentioned in the application guide.

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Please I want to know how work experience is calculated in express entry.
If I have experience from multiple jobs that are fairly related, do I add up the whole experience?
For example, I have customer service/admin and sales experience. Do I add up the years for both?
Or do I just take one that I feel will be most useful?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Encore said:
Please I want to know how work experience is calculated in express entry.
If I have experience from multiple jobs that are fairly related, do I add up the whole experience?
For example, I have customer service/admin and sales experience. Do I add up the years for both?
Or do I just take one that I feel will be most useful?
Under EE, you can mix and match work experience gained under multiple NOCs. CRS points max out at 3 years of full-time (or equivalent part time or some combination of the two) paid work experience.

ravi_123

Star Member
May 28, 2015
ravi_123 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

I have total of 59 out of 100 points and therefore don't qualify for SINP-Express Entry.Can I get points for my wife's education and language skills?I am just thinking but nothing is mentioned in the application guide.
[/quote

Hi Asivad Anac,

Please advise what can I do to improve my score.I am 1 point short.I cant improve my points for age or education(not atleast in short-term).I can re-take IELTS and try to improve my score but again all slots are booked for the next month and a half and there is no guarantee that SINP will be open till that time and I will improve my score.I am feeling very frustrated and helpless as I was about to submit my application yesterday untill I found that I was short by one point due to 6 months of less work experience.Even if they had a system where they would give 1 point for the 6th most recent year ,I would still qualify.Please advise what I can do.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravi_123 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

You can't get points for spouse's education or language skills in SINP - EE.

Encore

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
@ Anac,
Thanks for the reply. But I still have a confusion.
When filling that eligibility quiz, under work experience can you therefore merge you work experience from the different jobs?

Here is the question that is confusing me:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

That last phrase: "in only one occupation" is my problem.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Encore said:
@ Anac,
Thanks for the reply. But I still have a confusion.
When filling that eligibility quiz, under work experience can you therefore merge you work experience from the different jobs?

Here is the question that is confusing me:

In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.

That last phrase: "in only one occupation" is my problem.
That does appear to indicate experience gained under a single NOC.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I need help on the following-
I have 2 year 8 months experience. Is there anyway it would be counted as three years?

Currently I have 59 points for SINP. But if my work experience get counted for 3 years then it would be 61.

Thanks

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkrobinbd said:
Hi All,

I need help on the following-
I have 2 year 8 months experience. Is there anyway it would be counted as three years?

Currently I have 59 points for SINP. But if my work experience get counted for 3 years then it would be 61.
Thanks
Claim for 3 years as you have more than 2.5 years work experience, that should get you another 2 points. I did the same last year and was nominated.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xlnzee said:
Claim for 3 years as you have more than 2.5 years work experience, that should get you another 2 points. I did the same last year and was nominated.
Great! Thanks a lot. Would try for SINP then:)

Pankaj99

Nov 21, 2016
Hi,

Can anyone help me understand whether points are calculated on year basis or date basis.

Pankaj