+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience/NOC codes

Gint

Nov 16, 2015
Hi all,

I was nominated for BC PNP recently and am filling out my EE profile.

When I get to the section for additional info (medical, passport, etc) It there asks for the letter of employment from my previous works.

For the first year in Canada, I worked as a freelance designer, and since then have had 2 full-time jobs for which I have gotten 40 points in my Human Capital score for Canadian experience. For my freelance work, my NOC code was 5241, but my BC PNP nomination is now a different NOC code with my current employer. It would also be more accurate to my previous full-time work.

Basically it comes to this, my nomination NOC code is different from my freelance design work. I also have been requested to supply letters for each of the freelance jobs and my previous full-time work both here in Canada and Ireland. Seen as I didn't receive any points for my freelance work, and it is also documented in my personal history section, if I delete them from my work history and just leave the jobs that I received points for, would I then not have to supply letters for these jobs? Or should I decline this invite and correct this so I don't run into any issues?

I have read on here previously that proving your self employed work can be tricky with CIC, but as I did not benefit from it in regards to points received, would it be seen as misrepresentation on my part?

Thanks for the help.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Gint said:
I a bit confused with your question... but:

Employment which was not used to claim points for does not require you to submit any kind of reference.

In your EOI you should have mentioned just relevant employment.

My question is: did you claim points for your freelance work?

Gint

Nov 16, 2015
My points for Canadian experience is 40pts, and that is from just one years worth of work that I have gotten with my FT work.

From what I can see, and I was also told this from an immigration lawyer, my freelance work would not count towards my points. So I don't believe that I have received points from my freelance work.

Gint

Nov 16, 2015
My main Q is, if I didn't get points for them, should I just remove them from my work experience section, therefor not have to get letter etc from old jobs.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you haven't got points from that experience, you can remove it from Work history.

Gint

Nov 16, 2015
I have only gotten points for my full-time work, I saw a chart that said a years worth of full-time work gives you 40 points for that score, which I have. My freelance work hasn't added any points for me.

Would it be safe to remove then?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gint said:
I have only gotten points for my full-time work, I saw a chart that said a years worth of full-time work gives you 40 points for that score, which I have. My freelance work hasn't added any points for me.

Would it be safe to remove then?
Perfectly safe given that you are confirming that this work experience did not add anything to your CRS.