+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience in different NOC Categories

avarava23

May 20, 2009
Hi friends,

I am looking forward to apply for PR as a skilled worker from Canada and I fullfill the minimum requirement of work experience.
My points are adding up to 69 which factors in 5 years of work experience. This work experiece is divided over two NOC Categories with each having 2 and 3 years of work ex.
An immigration consultant told me that this renders me inelligible to apply for PR as to get points in the experience section, all of my work ex should be under the same NOC. If that's true, I will end up getting 65 points only.

Can someone please elucidate on this issue. Something tells me that the point system can not be so fastidious in calculating points.

Thanks a lot,
Mayank

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats not true, You must have 1 year full time or full time equivalent experience in one of the 38 list to qualify, no need to have total experience in same NOC, you could get full 21 points if you have 4+ experience.

Regards

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
the immigration consultant is wrong. you can mention different NOC's for your work experience. as long as you have at least one year of continuous experience in one of the NOC's which is on the list of eligible occupations, you will qualify to apply under federal skilled worker program.