+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience from remote job outside of Canada while studying

Jul 26, 2021
Scene 1
Due to pandemic ,many people are staying at their country and pursuing post graduation studies as well as a doing their regular jobs .
Scene 2
If I started higher studies in-class for Canadian college and also keep up my remote job in my home country .
1)Is it legal in both these scenarios?
2)Does in both this case experience count in any of immigration clause?

Add info -i am thinking of doing 1 year graduate certificate program.

Please respond urgently as I am almost going forward with upcoming admission.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. You can work remotely as a long as your employer doesn’t have Canadian clients or offices.
2. Yes. If skilled.

When does your course start because you will not get response for September.

Reactions: Sahilarora1011
Jul 26, 2021
my course starts in January and i'm thinking of doing remote job in my country during my studies as to gain another year of foreign skilled experience year. Will that experience be counted in PNP ?
Do you have any related links that confirm your above answers about remote job while studying validity.
Thanks for the response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my course starts in January and i'm thinking of doing remote job in my country during my studies as to gain another year of foreign skilled experience year. Will that experience be counted in PNP ?
Do you have any related links that confirm your above answers about remote job while studying validity.
Thanks for the response.
If you aren’t in Canada, then you can work in whatever job you want. You aren’t under Canadian rules. Your experience can count.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the response.
The school has to be an approved DLI, and it must not be a traditionally online program i.e. it's being offered online now only due to the Pandemic.
You will get not get CRS points for Canadian education if you complete your program outside of Canada but you will be eligible for PGWP (if you meet all other requirements).

Jul 26, 2021
If you aren’t in Canada, then you can work in whatever job you want. You aren’t under Canadian rules. Your experience can count.
And what would be the implication if I am in Canada and working for a company remotely. Will my work experience still counts?