+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience "Continuous" doubt

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
In other words if I have a primary NOC (4012) and a secondary NOC (2173), I can tally up work experience as the sum of work experiences of NOC 4012 + NOC 2173, correct ?
In which case how does it matter what the primary NOC is?
For CRS points, you can mix and match multiple NOCs. For FSW points, you get credit only for your Primary NOC.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
For CRS points, you can mix and match multiple NOCs. For FSW points, you get credit only for your Primary NOC.
Ah, perfect! Thanks Asivad.

Can I choose my most recent NOC code given that I have more than one year experience in it and I meet the 67 point cutoff with it? Or does it have be the NOC code which has the most time ?

Might there be any issues with a difference in work experience years for CRS and FSW ? ( I haven't filled it out yet, so I wasn't sure if MyCIC would complain)

Also, where is this codified? I could only find the following on the CIC FSW website.

Finding your NOC category

This job code is referred to as your "NOC code" in the Express Entry profile. See Find your NOC to find the NOC information that best matches your jobs.

You will need this information again, so make sure to write it down and keep it with the other papers you need, such as your passport.

If the description and list of main duties match what you did at your last job(s), you can count this experience for points.

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Incorrect. Full time is equal to or more than hours/week, you don't get extra credit beyond 30. Part time is on actuals - 24 hours/week is 80% full time equivalent while 15 hours/week is 50% full time equivalent and 3 hours/week is 10% full time equivalent.
Hey Avisad, thanks for replying!

So it means that for part-time I can count the actual hours I worked?

For CRS the maximum points I can get for working experience is for 3+ years? Or It will increase the points each year?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smlrch said:
Hey Avisad, thanks for replying!

So it means that for part-time I can count the actual hours I worked?

For CRS the maximum points I can get for working experience is for 3+ years? Or It will increase the points each year?
No the part-time hours worked do not count.

For CRS the maximum duration for applicable poi ts is 3 years.

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
No the part-time hours worked do not count.

For CRS the maximum duration for applicable poi ts is 3 years.
Hey Joacry, now I am confused.

Avisad has said that part-time counts on actual hours, and now you are saying that is does not count.
From what I have read on the CIC website part-time Jobs counts if it was paid and outside Canada, which is my case.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smlrch said:
Hey Joacry, now I am confused.

Avisad has said that part-time counts on actual hours, and now you are saying that is does not count.
From what I have read on the CIC website part-time Jobs counts if it was paid and outside Canada, which is my case.
My apologies I thought the job was in Canada. If it's foreign work experience under the FSW program then it counts.

If it's Canadian work experience under CEC then it does not count.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Bumping up. @Asivad can you offer your opinion on my previous question. Thanks :)

Can I choose my most recent NOC code given that I have more than one year experience in it and I meet the 67 point cutoff with it? Or does it have be the NOC code which has the most time ?

Might there be any issues with a difference in work experience years for CRS and FSW ? ( I haven't filled it out yet, so I wasn't sure if MyCIC would complain)

Also, where is this codified? I could only find the following on the CIC FSW website.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Ah, perfect! Thanks Asivad.

Doesn't necessarily have to be the one where you have the most experience - that simply helps getting to 67. If you get to 67 by choosing another NOC, go for it.

Not at all.

Not clearly codified in one place but one can identify this by reading the Ministerial Instructions for EE (which explicitly allow you to mix and match multiple NOCs) and by reading the instructions for FSW grid system (which implicitly disallow multiple NOCs).

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have 2 questions regarding work experience

1. I have done a paid internship in a company for 6 months, before I became an employee there. This internship was during the course of the final semester of my Masters programme. Can this duration be counted in my total work experience??

2. I have a gap of 3 months between my first and second job. Duration of my first job was 1 year and 4 months, and for my second job, it was - 11 months. Both jobs were under the same NOC 2173. Can I count this as a "continuous" work experience?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
joohi said:
Hello, I have 2 questions regarding work experience

1. I have done a paid internship in a company for 6 months, before I became an employee there. This internship was during the course of the final semester of my Masters programme. Can this duration be counted in my total work experience??

2. I have a gap of 3 months between my first and second job. Duration of my first job was 1 year and 4 months, and for my second job, it was - 11 months. Both jobs were under the same NOC 2173. Can I count this as a "continuous" work experience?
1. Yes
2. No, you may not. But if your first job was fulltime for 1 year 4 months then you already qualify for minimum 1 year FSW work requirement.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joohi said:
Only 1 year of your work experience must be continuous. Your first job meets that requirement. So all subsequent work experience can be added together.
So you have 2 years and 3 months work experience, but that doesn't really matter because the options are "1 or 2 years" and "3 years".

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for the responses guys! It really solves a major confusion for me.

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another confusion regarding work experience!

I worked as a full time, paid intern in a company for 6 months. At the end of that term, I joined the same company as a full time employee, and worked there for 1 years and 4 months as an employee. Now, I am confused about how should I get the reference letter from the employer. Should I get two separate reference letters for the different duration? Or should I combine them both and get a single reference letter. My designation during both the duration was different.

Also, should I show it as two different work experiences in my EE profile?

Shreyas90h

Apr 12, 2015
Hello ALL,

Is it okay if i have 5 days difference in my continuos employment as i am changing my company from company A to company B. Company A is my current company and Company B want me to join on 21st nov. However i need to take a break of 5 day and want my LWD as 16 november. I started company A on 31st march 2016 and requesting to leave on 16nov. Now the period here in this company us 2 years 7 and half months and the company which i will be joining has same NOC same profile.

In this case will there be any issue with experience? i mean 5 days here and there are they fine? Will this have any effect on my CRS calculation?

Because the maximum i can stretch is 18 november because sat and sun is non working day and company will only allow for 18nov.

Please let me know it is urgen Sad Sad :(t?