+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience certificates for secondary applicant needed?

mrwhite

Aug 26, 2019
Hi

First of all, can you tell you are in which stage, pre ITA or post ITA.

If pre ITA. You can leave the secondary applicant work histiry blank if it is outside Canada as it doesnt fetch any point.

If post ITA, You have two place holders
1. Work history
2. Personal history.

If you fill anything in work history then you need to upload supporting docs where as if you leave work history blank ( it is completely fine as it is for secondary applicant and also outside Canada) then you can mention the same work experience in Personal history and you don't need to submit any supporting docs. It clarifies to CIC/IRCC that you are not hiding anything and just that it is not adding any points to your CRS so not mentioning in Work History tab.

Hope this clear you doubt
If I dont claim dependant's work experience but actually I am working, will it be misrepresentation?
I am dependant

Varanyab

Nov 25, 2020
Thank you for the quick response, hc_mum, and you bring good tidings indeed :). I was getting a little worried about how I'll be able to put all my employment documentation together.

But just to confirm: The good folk in immigration will definitely not ask for experience certificates as long as I don't add my employment details in the work history placeholder. I shall keep my appointment and relieving letters ready anyway, just in case they feel like verifying stuff in my personal history section.

And yes... it's in pre-ITA stage.
Hey Did you got the ITA? and you had specified your work history in personal history?

NavSou

Feb 18, 2021
Hi,

Had a nagging doubt about something in our Express Entry application -- would be very grateful if somebody could clear it for me.

My wife is the primary applicant here, and I understand that she is required to submit work experience certificates for those much-needed 15 points. She shouldn't have any trouble getting them.

However, it looks like the secondary applicant does not get any points for non-Canadian work. In that case, is it okay if I do not submit experience letters from the companies I have worked with? Truth is: One of them shut down, I am not sure if I want to approach the grouchy bosses at another, and three others are located in faraway Bangalore. Too many variables to consider. So, given that I won't be getting any points for my work anyway, is it okay if I keep them out of my work experience column altogether? I read somewhere that I could include them in my personal history column instead, but I just needed to know if that option is still valid in 2019.

Awaiting a response. Thanks in advance.

Hi @MojoJojo79 I read one of your posts on questions related to the work experience letter. I am the primary applicant and my partner has work experience, but their company is refusing to provide a reference/ experience letter. We are at the pre-ITA stage and we are aiming for express entry. Can you please tell me if you got CoPR? And were other supporting documents to prove the secondary applicant's employment accepted by IRCC? Further, can you also inform about- did you fill secondary applicant's NOC and other job details while creating an express entry profile?