+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience, any idea from senior ?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
@ECLN @bsrketh @Peacekeeper87

It’s completely incorrect to say that OP can’t claim points for work experience during studies if the experience has been gained outside Canada. He can claim it like any other FSW applicant.

@Sabeen99 u don’t have to have any publication to prove your work experience as an RA. As long as your work is genuine and supported by Cic format reference letter from your employer u r good to go.

Cheers
Yes that is correct :)
Hmmm. My bad, I wrongfully mis-read he was inside of Canada, CEC stream.
@Sabeen99 Your experience can be counted if outside of Canada and you're in FSW stream, as long as you meet all minimum work experience requirements.
@jaffaral thanks for pointing out mistake.

Thank you guys for your response/suggestions.

I heard from some of the group members that NOC 4012 is only for masters or PhD level not for undergrad level, is that true? Because i was doing my undergrad level study at that time.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Thank you guys for your response/suggestions.

I heard from some of the group members that NOC 4012 is only for masters or PhD level not for undergrad level, is that true? Because i was doing my undergrad level study at that time.
Doesn’t matter, u can be in undergrad and still claim that experience

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
what about that info from the website? Is it just for Canada?

From the websiite

Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
No. Co-op terms and apprenticeships completed before graduating do not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational program.

The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term).

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other

From the websiite

Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
No. Co-op terms and apprenticeships completed before graduating do not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational program.

The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term).
Ma’am that’s for CEC applicant I.e those who come to Canada on study permit and do TA/RA ship or in their semester breaks do coop or apprenticeship. These people can’t claim points under EE program

Since your hubby is outside Canada so any paid work he is doing will be counted towards experience requirements

Reactions: ECLN

umarashraf28

Oct 10, 2018
@jaffaral
I'm currently residing in Pakistan and doing a full time job. I'm thinking to do masters as well (evening classes). Will that masters AND job experience be valid together?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

From the websiite

That's for CEC stream only. You're FSW.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Are you saying that my husbands alternance experience could be claimed?
Well if he's accompanying spouse, that won't get you anywhere, since spouse work experience outside Canada doesn't give any points at all.
But if he's principal applicant, sure. But I believe apprenticeship in France are of less than 30h/week, and will therefore need to be calculated to see how many years of work XP can be claimed.

• at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.