+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing citizenship application

Vistor000

Sep 10, 2014
Hi, Can you plz tell me more abt RQ - Under what circumstances one will be requested to complete one? Even I might travel b/w Canada and Chinese often, I dont expect to spend more than 1-2 months there...

If my residency situation doesnt change dramatically, will I qualify when I resubmit?

Thanks much!

janoo said:
I strongly suggest that you take the test and than when the oath come you may come

for one day to take oath or you can examine the situation at that time but for time

being if you miss the test than you will have to wait for many years and possible

RQ as well..

horse

Jul 2, 2014
I dont think you need apply every time for Chinese Entry Visa. You can apply multiple entry visa. It can last 1 year or even 2 years. However, the problem is that if you give up your Chinese Identification card, it would be extremely inconvenience to stay in China.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
horse said:
I dont think you need apply every time for Chinese Entry Visa. You can apply multiple entry visa. It can last 1 year or even 2 years. However, the problem is that if you give up your Chinese Identification card, it would be extremely inconvenience to stay in China.
There is no point to apply for Canadian citizenship if you still want to stay in China. Just PR will taste the same.

danke1957

Sep 11, 2014
Not sure if this has been mentioned to you, but you need to keep in mind that if you withdraw your application, you most definitely will be issued a Residency Questionnaire when you apply again in the future.

That being said, your best bet is to ask CIC to postpone the test - you have one shot at doing this - and it is likely that it will take longer to get scheduled for another exam, which is what you need given your need to attend to your father in the interim, then it would to schedule an oath if you successfully pass the exam.

Taking everything into account, however, perhaps just withdrawing and focusing 100% on your family for now will be the best way to move forward for you personally and emotionally. As a PR you get all the same benefits so don't rush that which is not important and to which you can't devote needed time and resources now. There's no shame in it.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vistor000 said:
Hi, Can you plz tell me more abt RQ - Under what circumstances one will be requested to complete one? Even I might travel b/w Canada and Chinese often, I dont expect to spend more than 1-2 months there...

If my residency situation doesnt change dramatically, will I qualify when I resubmit?

Thanks much!
If I were you, I would bring proof of your father's condition to your test and share with the officer interviewing you. That way, the officer can put it on file and may or may not expedite the oath ceremony. If you have to leave before the oath ceremony, at least you still have the information on file and they can reschedule for you upon your return. If you do decide to withdraw your application, due to your father's health, then you have a legitimate reason on file already. The officers do look at humanitarian grounds if you have proof. This is from my personal experience as well.

Thanks,

kenyadian

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I agree it's not an easy decision, so final decision is yours.

For about 2 weeks before writing the test, it dawned on me too and I had some sadness. :( But I had to consider where I spend most of my time/life, future life, ease of visiting other countries, taking part in the democratic process, my career, etc and it make my decision simpler.

The interesting thing is the citizenship laws of my home country states that a foreign national may become a citizen after 5 yrs of marriage. Sounds like dual citizenship in a round about way, if ya ask me. The president, his wife and kids are dual citizens for Gods-sake, etc. But regular Joe and Jane can't benefit for now... but there's a strong lobby and it's only a matter of time.

Vistor000 said:
Thanks to all!

Yah, the worst thing here is if I get a Canadian passport, I will have to give up the Chinese one. It cost you almost $100 to get a single-entry visa every time and yes, you need to apply EVERY TIME... :( :( :(

My test is on Oct 3...