+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing and divorcing my husband can he resubmit application?

vietlish8

Jul 23, 2024
Hello,

I’m looking to find out ways in how I can protect myself.

I found out about my husbands cheating who I am sponsoring from Vietnam. He has been communicating romantically with his ex wife this whole time behind my back.
I’m sure he was using me to get his pr then bring his family here.

I am new to the divorce process and could be looking to divorce without consent if I don’t get his cooperation.

He has all my information for when we applied for sponsorship. Could he resubmit an application behind my back while I’m figuring how to proceed with divorce.

I have sent a request to withdraw my sponsorship so I’m waiting on the approval as well.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Nope once you withdraw that’s it for him he can’t do anything behind your back where you guys information is concerned.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hello,

I’m looking to find out ways in how I can protect myself.

I found out about my husbands cheating who I am sponsoring from Vietnam. He has been communicating romantically with his ex wife this whole time behind my back.
I’m sure he was using me to get his pr then bring his family here.

I am new to the divorce process and could be looking to divorce without consent if I don’t get his cooperation.

He has all my information for when we applied for sponsorship. Could he resubmit an application behind my back while I’m figuring how to proceed with divorce.

I have sent a request to withdraw my sponsorship so I’m waiting on the approval as well.
Once you withdraw a spousal application, he wouldn't be able to gain his PR without a Canadian sponsor through family class. He could still find other means to gain his PR, but not through you.

Reactions: canuck78