+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw application taking more than 1 month

DripDrop

Jun 4, 2021
I wanted to withdraw my ongoing study permit application and apply for a new study permit application as my universities changed. I raised a webform for the first application and filed my second application after few days. But currently, both my application are active. Its been more than 1.5 months but my first application did not get withdraw.

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
If only your primary office recieve it, they will withdrawn it for u . But you should gotten the withdrawn application before submitting new one

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Why did you withdraw if all you wanted was to change your DLI? You should have simply sent them the new LOA via webform. With 2 active applications you are at risk of both getting cancelled.

Reactions: CMog

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
Soo now you have multiple applications running, no one knows when the first one will be withdrawn. Bah anything can happen in your case as you send the withdrawl request. Lets hope for the best

DripDrop

Jun 4, 2021
@
Why did you withdraw if all you wanted was to change your DLI? You should have simply sent them the new LOA via webform. With 2 active applications you are at risk of both getting cancelled.
I was changing the province, so I thought it would be better if I provide a fresh application so it would be less confusing for the visa officer.

DripDrop

Jun 4, 2021
Soo now you have multiple applications running, no one knows when the first one will be withdrawn. Bah anything can happen in your case as you send the withdrawl request. Lets hope for the best
Yes, I am waiting for the first one to get cancelled. I made a mess, right? :(

DripDrop

Jun 4, 2021
But why would the second application be cancelled? I mentioned the application number of the first application in the webform for withdrawal.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
But why would the second application be cancelled? I mentioned the application number of the first application in the webform for withdrawal.
Because IRCC warns against 2 active applications, and you are not sure what stage of processing your first application is/was in when you sent in the second one. Im not saying they will definitely be cancelled but no one can tell.

Changing provinces was not a valid reason to submit another application. You are allowed to change your DLI to an approved institution anywhere in the the country.

DripDrop

Jun 4, 2021
Because IRCC warns against 2 active applications, and you are not sure what stage of processing your first application is/was in when you sent in the second one. Im not saying they will definitely be cancelled but no one can tell.

Changing provinces was not a valid reason to submit another application. You are allowed to change your DLI to an approved institution anywhere in the the country.
Ohh right, my biometrics wasnt done for the first one because of the lockdown. Its still closed, so I am thinking to go ahead with the biometrics for the second application BIL when the VACs open.
I will just have to wait right for the first application to get withdrawn right?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ohh right, my biometrics wasnt done for the first one because of the lockdown. Its still closed, so I am thinking to go ahead with the biometrics for the second application BIL when the VACs open.
I will just have to wait right for the first application to get withdrawn right?
Yeah, all you can do now is wait..

Omair76

Jan 24, 2021
I wanted to withdraw my ongoing study permit application and apply for a new study permit application as my universities changed. I raised a webform for the first application and filed my second application after few days. But currently, both my application are active. Its been more than 1.5 months but my first application did not get withdraw.
Hey!
I was in a similar situation as I withdrew my 1st application as it was more than a year since I submitted it and didn't receive any decision on it. So, I applied for my withdrawal but didn't receive any response on the withdrawal as well. And I did the same as you, applied with a new application while the 1st application was still active. But just after a week of re-applying, I got the Correspondence letter for my new application and after sometime I got an email stating that there has been a change in my new application. I thought it'd be the decision as I received the correspondence letter just a few minutes back. But for my surprise, they withdrew my 2nd application instead of the first one! I called and enquired about the reason for my 2nd application being withdrawn instead of the first and they replied saying that the VO received both of my applications and he deliberately withdrew my 2nd application and wanted to give the decision on my 1st application only.
After a few days I got the Correspondence letter on the old application and still there hasn't been a decision sent on it yet :/

DripDrop

Jun 4, 2021
Hey!
I was in a similar situation as I withdrew my 1st application as it was more than a year since I submitted it and didn't receive any decision on it. So, I applied for my withdrawal but didn't receive any response on the withdrawal as well. And I did the same as you, applied with a new application while the 1st application was still active. But just after a week of re-applying, I got the Correspondence letter for my new application and after sometime I got an email stating that there has been a change in my new application. I thought it'd be the decision as I received the correspondence letter just a few minutes back. But for my surprise, they withdrew my 2nd application instead of the first one! I called and enquired about the reason for my 2nd application being withdrawn instead of the first and they replied saying that the VO received both of my applications and he deliberately withdrew my 2nd application and wanted to give the decision on my 1st application only.
After a few days I got the Correspondence letter on the old application and still there hasn't been a decision sent on it yet :/
Oh! thanks for sharing! I want my first application to get withdrawn as soon as possible. But my biometrics isn't done due to lockdown so my first application is still in the initial stage.

AasimarSalute

Jun 16, 2021
Hello. I'm wondering whether you've withdrawn the application successfully. I uploaded insufficient and outdated documents out of my own carelessness. So I requested to withdrew the application. Since the courses are mostly online next semster. I'm not in a hurry to submit a new one. I'm just gonna wait on it. But it's nice to know the approximate processing time.
Thank you for the post!! I almost submitted a new one before I stumbled upon this post.