+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw application of citizenship

MKchris

Jun 8, 2023
I had a citizenship ceremony schedule last December, but I asked for a postponement for personal reasons, and they rescheduled for my Citizenship Orth Ceremony, it was yesterday. But I didn't participate and I sent an email to withdraw my application.

I was scared because my country doesn't allow dual citizenship until I'm 65, so if I get Canadian citizenship I have to renounce my country's citizenship, which is the biggest reason why I revoked my Canadian citizenship. And my parents and all my family are in my country, if I visited my country or stayed for more than three months, and I need a visa for visiting my family.
I didn't consider this deeply when I applied. Right before the citizenship oath ceremony, I became afraid.
And I was hesitant to get citizenship because I have a plan to travel a month later.

I received an e-mail from the Immigration Department today saying that I would send an application for withdrawal via e-mail.
I have to write a reason to withdraw, but I do not know how to write it.

1. Please give me some idea to write reasons

2 And I am worried about how it will affect my maintenance and renewal of my PR even if I withdraw my citizenship application, and I am worried that there will be disadvantages when I apply for citizenship again in the future.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.