+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw and Reapply Timing

May 29, 2019
I have withdrawed a previous study permit application and was notified today that a note has been onto my file pending the VO's approval.

Must I wait for the VO's response and succesful application withdraw before submitting a new study permit application? Or can I submit one now already.

May 29, 2019
I am an applicant from China applying without an agency. In hindsight, maybe I should have.

In my study permit application process, I strictly followed the required documents and neglected to provide any study plans or statement of purposes. It was only after submitting my application and talking with friends did I realize that not including such a plan would seriously hamper my chances of approval. I also noticed I had a small mistake in my personal details which I would like to amend. Since I am unable to provide additional doucuments unless requested, and my chances of approval without said documents are slim, I requested a withdrawal.

I have since drafted up a study plan which I want to include along with my IELTS score to present a better case for my study permit application. I have begun another study permit application and I have it all uploaded and ready for submission. But I am not sure if I should be submitting now, or waiting for the VO's decision.

If the VO denies my approval, is there a chance he could request for my study plans? If they approve, I will immediately re-submit.

My courses registered begin this September at Langara College in Vancouver.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
They will generally approve your request to withdraw the application - unless they suspect you misrepresented yourself in the application.

If you make a second application now, it's possible that it may be refused because you still have a pending application. I'd wait a couple of days and see what happens.

May 29, 2019
My latest status for all things excluding "not required at this moment"
Review of eligibility -- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Background check -- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision -- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Would you happen to know the rough timeline of how long I should expect to wait to hear back about VO's withdrawal decision?
I also assume having a withdrawn application would result in my follow-up application being scrutinized, hopefully it doesn't extend the process by too much.

I am slightly concerned with my timeline. Really, I should have done by due dilligence.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It shouldn't really have a significant impact on a future application.

Unfortunately withdrawal applications have no timeline. You could certainly try to launch a second application now, and in a cover letter in your SOP note that you have applied to withdraw a previous application because you didn't include the study plan. It should make sense to a visa officer, I just can't guarantee it will.

May 29, 2019
Thank you kindly for your prompt responses. This has been very helpful!

I will certainly be adding a cover page explaining my previous withdrawal. I plan on waiting a few days before re-submitting. Hopefully, they get back to me soon.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi
How has your withdrawal case proceeded? I am in the same situation.
Hello Hedye,

If you are referring to the original poster withdrawal concern, you have to wait until you get an acknowledging email of the successful withdrawal before submitting a new application.

Two TRV applications can't run concurrently as one has to be canceled or invalidated before a (final) decision can be made. Follow GCMSWriters on IG/Twitter/Telegram for study permit updates.

Best of Luck

ResieNemen

May 3, 2022
Subject: WITHDRAWAL & REAPPLY.
OWP & SP Minor Application - One (1) Year & Two months of waiting todate. Application LODGED MARCH 2021.
GCMS Status: (1) Eligibility Passed (2) Criminality Passed Bio (3) Medical Passed.
GCKEY Status to date: APPLICATION in Progress.
Action Plan/Option either:
1) Withdraw the Application & RE-APPLY?
2) Apply for a TOURIST VISA while waiting the OWP + SP minor application?
Questions?
1) Action Plan 1 - withdraw and reapply is advisable? What would be the possible risk?
2) Which of the two plans are recommendable? Withdraw & REAPPLY or apply 4TOURIST?
3) Do you have same experience here which opted either the two action plan I mentioned? Please share your stories and experiences.
4) Humbly seek your advice and recommendation.
May I humbly ask your insight, Experienced, knowledge and informative idea about our Case. THANK YOU.