+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will UK Caution make me inadmissible for PR, even though i live in Canada now?

samara_khan

Dec 21, 2021
Hi there, I hope and pray that one day you will read my message and reply me back. I don’t know that you are still in this platform or not.
I am here at Canada for almost 4 years. Completed my masters, currently working for government, bring my wife and daughter from back home. Applied my PR and security in progress. All sections are passed.
The query is when I applied for my study permit, I did not mentioned my UK caution but when I applied my PR, I consulted with lawyer and he advised that I should have declared. I passed my criminality as they said UK caution can not allow me inadmissible. But my biggest fear is that are they going to refused my PR, TRV due to misrepresentation or giving me a chance to explain like send me a PFL?
When did you get your work permit for Canada, did you declared your caution?
I hope and pray that you will give me an advise.
Thank you
QUOTE="jsadl01, post: 4754578, member: 579134"]
The only problems i had were 100% down to immigration not being sure what it was, so on one or two occasions i was asked to provide additional detail and both times all i did was submit a letter of explanation (literally just typed out what a caution is, and the fact it is considered spent in the UK). No references or anything like that. Most of the stress i got from the caution was my own fault, even when it was a complete non-issue i was worrying about it (like you are!) and it turns out to be no big deal at all...

I honestly wouldn't worry, if you're here now on the 2 year permit (as i am) then you've already passed the same background check. The only difference now is that it was even longer ago you actually had this incident! So even less to worry
QUOTE]

samara_khan

Dec 21, 2021
Hi there, I hope and pray that one day you will read my message and reply me back. I don’t know that you are still in this platform or not.
I am here at Canada for almost 4 years. Completed my masters, currently working for government, bring my wife and daughter from back home. Applied my PR and security in progress. All sections are passed.
The query is when I applied for my study permit, I did not mentioned my UK caution but when I applied my PR, I consulted with lawyer and he advised that I should have declared. I passed my criminality as they said UK caution can not allow me inadmissible. But my biggest fear is that are they going to refused my PR, TRV due to misrepresentation or giving me a chance to explain like send me a PFL?
When did you get your work permit for Canada, did you declared your caution?
I hope and pray that you will give me an advise.
Thank you
QUOTE="jsadl01, post: 4754578, member: 579134"]
The only problems i had were 100% down to immigration not being sure what it was, so on one or two occasions i was asked to provide additional detail and both times all i did was submit a letter of explanation (literally just typed out what a caution is, and the fact it is considered spent in the UK). No references or anything like that. Most of the stress i got from the caution was my own fault, even when it was a complete non-issue i was worrying about it (like you are!) and it turns out to be no big deal at all...

I honestly wouldn't worry, if you're here now on the 2 year permit (as i am) then you've already passed the same background check. The only difference now is that it was even longer ago you actually had this incident! So even less to worry
QUOTE]