+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will they request proof of spouse's work history (zero CRS points)?

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
Hi folks,
I got my ITA recently and I'm filling out the PR application (FSW). In my initial Express Entry profile, I had filled out my husband (accompanying spouse)'s work history completely, even though he'll get zero points for any of it since it's not Canadian work. I thought I was supposed to include everything...
The problem is that now those jobs are part of his Work History in the PR app, but he won't be able to give proof for a lot of them as they were summer jobs, student jobs, etc. I also don't want to delete them from his Work History, as they were included in our initial EE profile application and it might seem untruthful. They are included in his Personal History as well fyi.

Will they request proof for those jobs included in his Work History if we got no CRS points for them? Should I delete them from his Work History?

Last edited:

2nose

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Immigration Consultant here.

No: include it in the personal history but not in work history because, as you mentioned, they get no points for it and so all it does is unnecessarily create more documentation.

Reactions: jadecheee

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
Immigration Consultant here.

No: include it in the personal history but not in work history because, as you mentioned, they get no points for it and so all it does is unnecessarily create more documentation.
Perfect, thank you!