+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will taking online courses affect my PGWP even though I'm full time student?

Manisha7

Aug 25, 2022
Hi, I am a student at Capilano University I am enrolled in 10 credits in the fall semester, 6 of which are online courses. At Capilano, a student registered in a minimum of nine credits is classified as a full-time student. Will this affect my PGWP if I take online courses?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Hi, I am a student at Capilano University I am enrolled in 10 credits in the fall semester, 6 of which are online courses. At Capilano, a student registered in a minimum of nine credits is classified as a full-time student. Will this affect my PGWP if I take online courses?
Have you asked the immigration advisors at Capilano?
https://www.capilanou.ca/programs--courses/capu-for-you/international-students/services--support-for-international-students/immigration-advising/

Manisha7

Aug 25, 2022
Yes, I have. They said that I should take only one online course in the fall term, but some of my close relatives who are PR and studied at the same institute said it does not matter. So I got confused and needed some advice.

Manisha7

Aug 25, 2022
They (relatives and seniors) said your credits should be eligible for a full-time student. I am enrolled in a 2-year-long associate degree. I have completed only one online course in the 1st semester and I will start my 2nd semester at Uni in September. I registered for 2 online and one offline course. I meet the full-time student requirement which is 9 credits.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They (relatives and seniors) said your credits should be eligible for a full-time student. I am enrolled in a 2-year-long associate degree. I have completed only one online course in the 1st semester and I will start my 2nd semester at Uni in September. I registered for 2 online and one offline course. I meet the full-time student requirement which is 9 credits.
So you were part-time in the first semester with only one course? If so you would not be eligible for a PGWP.

Reactions: YVR123

Manisha7

Aug 25, 2022
no I mean I had only one online course in the 1st-semester others were offline, I was a full-time student in the first semester, and in the second semester I am enrolled in two online and one offline course, still a full-time student but I have a doubt if we are supposed to take more than one online courses in the fall term.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
no I mean I had only one online course in the 1st-semester others were offline, I was a full-time student in the first semester, and in the second semester I am enrolled in two online and one offline course, still a full-time student but I have a doubt if we are supposed to take more than one online courses in the fall term.
So you have been full-time, then no issue.