+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will COVID-19 slow down Citizenship processing?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
They are supposed to re-start processing this week (April 14th), isn't it?

I remember furthermore that, although they have canceled the interviews, tests, and ceremonies occurring between mid-March and mid-April; reading some of our members here, it was reported that scheduled events for this week had not been canceled.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I remember furthermore that, although they have canceled the interviews, tests, and ceremonies occurring between mid-March and mid-April; reading some of our members here, it was reported that scheduled events for this week had not been canceled.
Assume they will extend the closure. Also assume people will get cancellation notices.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015

They have been cancelled until further notice. I had an oath scheduled next Monday and I received a cancellation last Thursday. They just haven’t updated parts of their website yet.

Reactions: Flandernss

fromhamilton

Sep 2, 2019
Here's the update from official website:

All citizenship events are cancelled
We’ve cancelled all citizenship events until further notice to keep everyone safe. This includes

Check the information letter or email we sent you about the events being cancelled.

• We’ll send you a new date and time in the coming weeks.
  • If you gave us your email address in your application, we’ll contact you by email.
    • To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
    • Look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca.”
  • If you didn’t provide an email address
    • we’ll send the cancellation letter by mail or we’ll call you
    • check your mailbox or voicemail messages often to see if you got it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Will there be delays in pr process as well .. my progress bar reflects percent and 35 days left ?? Would that effect ??
Yes - everything is delayed.