+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC informs the applicants when CIC starts investigating on their case?

mrwhite

Aug 26, 2019
I wonder whether CIC informs the applicants when CIC starts investigating on their case based on a fraud immigration report of someone else against them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wonder whether CIC informs the applicants when CIC starts investigating on their case based on a fraud immigration report of someone else against them?
If CIC decides to investigate the case, they will at some point contact the person they are investigating to ask them for information or evidence. So yes - the person will find out.

Of course CIC doesn't investigate every case. Only those where enough information and evidence has been provided to warrant an investigation. Just because they've received a report doesn't mean they will actually investigate.

mrwhite

Aug 26, 2019
If CIC decides to investigate the case, they will at some point contact the person they are investigating to ask them for information or evidence. So yes - the person will find out.

Of course CIC doesn't investigate every case. Only those where enough information and evidence has been provided to warrant an investigation. Just because they've received a report doesn't mean they will actually investigate.
Is there any other kind of investigation CIC does when CIC receives a fraud marriage report. I mean will they do secret investigation or just ask the applicants/suspects for more proof of relationship or require them to do an interview??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there any other kind of investigation CIC does when CIC receives a fraud marriage report. I mean will they do secret investigation or just ask the applicants/suspects for more proof of relationship or require them to do an interview??
If CIC decides to do an investigation, it's not secret. They contact the individuals accused of fraud and request information / evidence. If someone has been accused of something, they have the right to argue their case.

Reactions: mrwhite

mrwhite

Aug 26, 2019
If CIC decides to do an investigation, it's not secret. They contact the individuals accused of fraud and request information / evidence. If someone has been accused of something, they have the right to argue their case.
Thanks a lot
Last question. Is it able to report someone if he didnt committed his crime yet?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks a lot
Last question. Is it able to report someone if he didnt committed his crime yet?
Of course, if there is a clear, documented, plan or intent to commit a crime. Prevention is as important as anything else.

Example.
"Person X is a bad person and might be intending to work illegally" is not as good as "Person X sent me a text asking about an illegal job at Y", where you have a text as evidence.

Reactions: mrwhite

mrwhite

Aug 26, 2019
Of course, if there is a clear, documented, plan or intent to commit a crime. Prevention is as important as anything else.

Example.
"Person X is a bad person and might be intending to work illegally" is not as good as "Person X sent me a text asking about an illegal job at Y", where you have a text as evidence.
I think perhaps you are an expert on this. I am stuck in such a situation.
I got married to my girlfriend last month and we will apply for PR through Express Entry in October, my wife is primary applicant. Neither of us is Canadian.
I told my ex-girlfriend that I have just done a fraud marriage with a girl to get PR AS A JOKE.

Now I am afraid that my ex-gf will report me to CIC because I dumped her and maybe she is still angry for that.

My question is my text message on Facebook admitted to my ex-gf that I am doing fraud marriage (actually it is a joke) strong enough to report me?
How strong is evidence needed to report a fraud marriage?
My ex-gf does not have my wife's name, just mine.

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I got married to my girlfriend last month and we will apply for PR through Express Entry in October, my wife is primary applicant. Neither of us is Canadian.
I told my ex-girlfriend that I have just done a fraud marriage with a girl to get PR AS A JOKE.

Now I am afraid that my ex-gf will report me to CIC because I dumped her and maybe she is still angry for that.

My question is my text message on Facebook admitted to my ex-gf that I am doing fraud marriage (actually it is a joke) strong enough to report me?

Thank you
1) that was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
2) if she reports that conversation, with Facebook evidence, it might well start an investigation.
3) you will be asked for your response before a decision is made.

Reactions: Jets13

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016

Thank you
I think you were maybe trying to play both girls or to ease her concerns after breakup....now it might bite you in the butt.

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
I think you were maybe trying to play both girls or to ease her concerns after breakup....now it might bite you in the butt.
i agree.

IMO I think if you were with your ex for maybe 3yrs and there's reasons which raises red flags with CIC ie. age, religion educational background DIFFERENCES etc.or she just refuse to help you some people dont want to be bothered to help others with immigration so you dumped her.

and you just met your wife and married quicky and she could do something for you regarding your status then it seems suspicious if she reports you to CIC.
Ex-gf could give CIC alot of evidence that your marriage might be fake some people think they can outsmart CIC by getting into a fake marriage with someone their age group,religion, educational background etc

Last edited: