+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will be able to re-enter Canada on my existing VISA and WP? (BOWP and PR)

jrs_mumbai

May 19, 2011
Hello All

I have applied for PR in CEC class and got the AOR (confirmation email) in June 2013. My current WP and VISA expires in Feb 2014.
Need help with these questions:

1)
We left Canada in August since our work contract got over but planning to return in the month of December on our own. Question: Will I be able to enter Canada in December? What should I be telling the immigration officer? (FYI: I will be entering Canada on my own without any employment and will look out for work once I get the bridging open work permit)

2)
I was planning to apply for BOWP in December. I have read in the forums and have checked the checklist and it says that we need to attach the offer letter.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.pdf
I will not be having an offer letter since I will be applying only after I get my BOWP. What will I be attaching then?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
jrs_mumbai said:
Hello All

I have applied for PR in CEC class and got the AOR (confirmation email) in June 2013. My current WP and VISA expires in Feb 2014.

1)
We left Canada in August since our work contract got over but planning to return in the month of December on our own. Question: Will I be able to enter Canada in December? What should I be telling the immigration officer? (FYI: I will be entering Canada on my own without any employment and will look out for work once I get the bridging open work permit)

2)
I was planning to apply for BOWP in December. I have read in the forums and have checked the checklist and it says that we need to attach the offer letter.
I will not be having an offer letter since I will be applying only after I get my BOWP. What will I be attaching then?

I don't have any experience with this kind of application, but my impression is that

1) You probably ought to be permitted to enter Canada, if you have proof of funds to support yourself. You should also carry with you the AOR showing that you're eligible for a BOWP. The main difficulty is if the BSO believes you'll try to work for a different employer or later than February without a BOWP.

2) You don't need a job offer because this isn't one of the requirements for a BOWP.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Why don't you try with your previous employer? Check with him for opportunities and travel for that.

Sep 5, 2013
Hi,

My pgwp is expiring on sept 13, 2013. i have applied for bowp, just wondering if i can apply for visa with the bowp and can travel during bowp.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
jrs_mumbai said:
Hello All

1)

2)

I dont think so it should be a problem, immigration officer technically cant ask as WP and visa valid till 2014 Feb, and you are entering December..should be fine

SINGHQ0G

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Changed to In Process on Feb 07 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
Hi Colleagues,

I am under same situation.

I currently have BOWP valid till Sept 2014. however my current assignment was over in Dec 2013 and was asked to travel back. My Visa is expired now. I am planning to join new Employer in Diff location in feb 1st week after resigning from my current employer..

Will i be able to get Visa as i still have BOWP. Also My PR application was filed in May 2013.