+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife/Husband in different country

westjet

Jan 8, 2010
Guys, I am in Canada and I applied for PR within Canada and my file is at NY office. My wife is back home, and we completed our medicals, I did within Canada and her's was done back home and sent to Ottawa.
My question is when time comes for PPR request...how will I and her get stamping done? Should passports be submitted together, or her stamping will be done back home and I will send my passport to NY office? Not sure if I should get her passport sent to me or what?
Any clues guys?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

westjet said:
Guys, I am in Canada and I applied for PR within Canada and my file is at NY office. My wife is back home, and we completed our medicals, I did within Canada and her's was done back home and sent to Ottawa.
My question is when time comes for PPR request...how will I and her get stamping done? Should passports be submitted together, or her stamping will be done back home and I will send my passport to NY office? Not sure if I should get her passport sent to me or what?
Any clues guys?
Both passports will have to send to NY.

westjet

Jan 8, 2010
Thanks for reply PMM.
But you cannot mail passports outside India via mail? U think I should go and get it then and get authorization letter from my wife? NY office will mail them back in Canada, right? I will then send them to India?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
westjet said:
Thanks for reply PMM.
But you cannot mail passports outside India via mail? U think I should go and get it then and get authorization letter from my wife? NY office will mail them back in Canada, right? I will then send them to India?
Yes, u r correct, that's the only way to go.

abbasghani

Aug 14, 2021
some one please reply ..i am in united arab emirates and my wife is in india i am planning to apply for PR from UAE while my wife will reside in india while simultaneously applying for her dependent pr will there be any issue as the police clearance and medicals submitted will be of two countries