+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife has H4 for U.S me H1b Canadian Citizen.. is my spouse able to visit Canada?

Pusha

Jul 19, 2013
General question.. my wife is on H4 visa in U.S and im a Canadian Citizen on a H1b visa.. I wanted to know since im a Canadian Citizen (born NOT naturalized if that matters) is my wife allowed to come back and forth through the border with me to visit? she is a non-canadian and non U.S PR but we are waiting for a green card.

Let me know!! thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What passport does she hold? Is she visa exempt or non-visa exempt for the purposes of entering Canada? Holding an H4 and having a Canadian citizen husband doesn't alone allow her to visit Canada. If she is visa exempt for the purposes of visiting Canada, then she can visit on her passport alone. If she is non-visa exempt, she will have to apply for a visitor visa.

Pusha

Jul 19, 2013
she has a India Passport so it is not visa-exempt. So will a visitors visa be approved or what? or should I just wait for our green card, im the primary applicant for U.S Permanent residency, my wife is just a dependant so when I get a green card she will also. but will a visitor visa happen or will it be a waste of time and money?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Pusha said:
she has a India Passport so it is not visa-exempt. So will a visitors visa be approved or what? or should I just wait for our green card, im the primary applicant for U.S Permanent residency, my wife is just a dependant so when I get a green card she will also. but will a visitor visa happen or will it be a waste of time and money?
She needs visitor visa, or wait till green card?

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
user828 said:
She needs visitor visa, or wait till green card?

Let her apply for visitor visa to enter Canada. I was in this kind of sitation before. My wife has H4 visa and I am on H1B in US. She was issued a 3 year Multiple visa to Canada. After a while, we decised to stay in Canada and I applied for PR for her in January, 2011. She was approved for the fist stage in January, 2013. we'ra waitting for the secound stage approval which may happen any moment from now.

Have H4 visa is like a bonus for her to enter Canada.

I hope this help your case.