wololo696

Apr 19, 2013
Timeline

8/2/2011 Mailed Application to CPC Sydney
8/4/2011 Application arrived at CPC Syndey
10/13/2011 Received Book to study
3/21/2013 Received Letter stating when citizenship test will be held
4/4/2013 Citizenship Test - 4/4/2013 @ 1PM
5/23/2013 Called CIC - Rep said, Citizenship Judge meeting to be scheduled, but they don't know why, when and how long we have to wait.

Honestly and this is my little rant. The citizenship test is BS! As a born Canadian, I've never in my adult life needed to know when Canada was formed, which provinces formed it. Who are our ancestors, which wars where fought to secure our peace, and every blasted date in our history! I am so disappointed in our government to allow people to come to our great nation then to say, you want to be one of us? Fine, fill out this form, wait 2 years, take a test in which the contents you'll never need and if you fail you have to wait for 2 more years then talk to a person to decide if your fit to be a Canadian. BS! Simply BS!
Simply said, if I took that Citizenship test that my wife took...I'd of failed too. I know not everyone is in the same boat, but hell our lives are on hold yet again.

Forgive me if I've offended anyone....my POV is a harsh one.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wololo696 said:
5/23/2013 Called CIC - Rep said, Citizenship Judge meeting to be scheduled, but they don't know why, when and how long we have to wait.
I recommend that you contact your MP. They may be provide more information about your wife's case and inform you of the typical wait time to see the Citizenship Judge.

Good luck.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wololo696 said:
Timeline

8/2/2011 Mailed Application to CPC Sydney
8/4/2011 Application arrived at CPC Syndey
10/13/2011 Received Book to study
3/21/2013 Received Letter stating when citizenship test will be held

Honestly and this is my little rant. The citizenship test is BS! As a born Canadian, I've never in my adult life needed to know when Canada was formed, which provinces formed it. Who are our ancestors, which wars where fought to secure our peace, and every blasted date in our history! I am so disappointed in our government to allow people to come to our great nation then to say, you want to be one of us? Fine, fill out this form, wait 2 years, take a test in which the contents you'll never need and if you fail you have to wait for 2 more years then talk to a person to decide if your fit to be a Canadian. BS! Simply BS!
Simply said, if I took that Citizenship test that my wife took...I'd of failed too. I know not everyone is in the same boat, but hell our lives are on hold yet again.

Forgive me if I've offended anyone....my POV is a harsh one.
It's no different to the UK, except that if you fail, there is no judge to let you scrape past. Here, if you fail, you have to retest. It's a good system to sort out those that are prepared to work for their citizenship versus those that want it for no effort. Deal with it...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
They just want to make sure that people know the country they become citizens of. It's the requirement of all countries citizenship applications.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the failed test.

That being said, it is vital to make sure that, when people are awarded citizenship, they know enough about the language and the country to become responsible, aware and knowledgeable citizens. Many new Canadians come from dictatorships, where you're discouraged from expressing your opinions, have good reasons to distrust the justice system and have equally good reasons to fear for the safety of your person and property. If a person like that became a Canadian citizen without knowing what the differences between their old and old countries were, then we would be on a very slippery slope. Citizens need to know not only what their obligations are, but also their rights. A right not exercised in a right in danger of being lost. Therefore, in order to protect Canadian society for all Canadians, present and future, new citizens need to know what the authorities can and cannot do to a citizen.

The finer details of the test I have no opinion of as I have not taken it yet, but a test is vital in my humble opinion.

thunderlight

Apr 5, 2013
this wololo696 has no shame and its a pusher and hustler, the law said you need to pass the test to become a citizen of this great nation, and that is the way it is. if wololo696's wife failed the test it means she is not worth it and was not studying it enough, the test is very easy and its fair moreover there are citizenship free classes everywhere in the city, plenty free online test, the questions are inside the book!! and this guy is saying that because the outcome was not of his convenience the test is BS? come on if you wife had studied like the other 200.000 people in the application she would have won it, and don't say that you don't need to know about the information contained inside the Discover Canada book, because that is the same reason we need it to make this country great. dont worry you can study the book again and again for the interview with the judge. if you learn it enough you can win it no problem.

jellyace

Apr 28, 2013
taking the test forced us to read the book and from its tittle.. we will discover , learn and embraced the traditions, history, laws and the pride of the country soon we will call ours.. ur wife failed the test, dont blame the system, ur wife needs to know the country she chosed to live just like knowing u to be her husband.. and u not knwing the country that gave u the chance to live in a first world country is a shame! I hope u realized what canada can offer to u and ur family...