+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why the world’s best and brightest struggle to find jobs in Canada - Maclean

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
I Stumbled across this article in Canada's reputed MaClean Magazine -

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/business/land-of-misfortune/

It's an exhaustive article titled 'Why the world’s best and brightest struggle to find jobs in Canada'.

I read the entire article and out of curiosity I also went through all the hundreds of comments by immigrants which definitely don't paint a good picture of Canada for immigrants as far as Jobs are concerned.

Although the article is from 2013, I don't think the Canadian macro economic scenario has changed that much since then.

I would urge you to go through this article. Just to get thoughts of immigrants here who are already in Canada. Do you guys echo with this article and the comments?

I think there should be good amount of discussion on this topic for the benefit of all.

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
I havent read the article yet but i guess it all depends on the field of work..

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Because there is no value of your education or experience which you had in your home country.I see many doctors who had several years of experience working as security guards trying hard to get a living.They just able to cover their expenses with such jobs.The problem is almost all jobs require certification here and for some of them you need to have canadian education and pass exams even a barber requires certificationpm.So almost all immigrants who land here without securing a job,get a pretty hard time as they have to work in factories,drive taxies n so on.So whoever is well settled in his job back home,should not think of immigrating to Canada.

adrianf

Mar 26, 2016
There's a simple reason.

There's just not much high-tech jobs in Canada. Period.

What they need are the skilled manual workers which I could smell in the CIC and Express Entry pages. They just don't mention it not to scare away immigrants to hopefully create more STEM jobs which is happening in the US.

Thanks for sharing though as it made me more confident with my current plan for Canada.