+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why should you Immigrate to BC

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never say "sponsorship" when you are applying for jobs because it implies that the company may have to take some responsibility for you. Instead tell them that you need an offer of employment to facilitate your immigration. Tell them that if they do it, it's not binding for them to actually hire you when they get there in case their situation has changed by then and they have filled the position. If they are still interested, send them to http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/supperimm.shtml and tell them to look at the AEO information there.

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi BCguy,

How fast or easy is it for BC PNP? I am a BBA graduate from SFU in 1988.
12 years experience in the financial sector as a forex trader. Net worth around
C$600K, and married with 2 kids(3 & 6). Thanks in advance for your reply.

bats45

Apr 12, 2009
Leon said:
Never say "sponsorship" when you are applying for jobs because it implies that the company may have to take some responsibility for you. Instead tell them that you need an offer of employment to facilitate your immigration. Tell them that if they do it, it's not binding for them to actually hire you when they get there in case their situation has changed by then and they have filled the position. If they are still interested, send them to http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/supperimm.shtml and tell them to look at the AEO information there.
Thank you for this wonderful idea, I love it. I will try this one when an HR call me for interview..

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
tran said:
Hi BCguy,

How fast or easy is it for BC PNP? I am a BBA graduate from SFU in 1988.
12 years experience in the financial sector as a forex trader. Net worth around
C$600K, and married with 2 kids(3 & 6). Thanks in advance for your reply.
If you dont have a job offer,You could apply as PNP Investor and you can be Invest in setting up or Buying a Business and You should be finished in about 2-3 months for approval for BC PNP,You are invited first for exploratory trip No obligation to take a look,Once you find something you want to do,You file your application,No money out yet just application fee,you get open work visa,then when you place you investment you and your family become PR.Fair Enough,Maybe you might want to open a FOREX related Business.I would be more then happy to assist you for free,Yes I work for the BC Goverment Contact me by PM

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
BCguy said:
But you HAVE to live in Ontario;)
Hi BC Guy - no I dont think so!
According to the new program (since Feb 2009) you can also live abroad...
And hey - show me how I can come to BC and I'll be there in no time!!! Any place in Canada is better than going home...
Cheers
Brigit

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi,That was a joke,Many people have refused higher paying jobs rather then leave BC to move to Ontario,Taxes are Higher,Weather is Lousy.

Sep 20, 2008
hey BC guy problem with BC is its in the west coast and not connected to the major hub of North America. Whereas East coast is connected with the major cities from exploring french province QUEBEC to Big Apple lol BC seems more like a tourist attraction thats about it lol... ;-)

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
endlessecho2003 said:
hey BC guy problem with BC is its in the west coast and not connected to the major hub of North America.

Nice observation so you need to be as close to Big Apple, may I know the reason.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
endlessecho2003 said:
hey BC guy problem with BC is its in the west coast and not connected to the major hub of North America. Whereas East coast is connected with the major cities from exploring french province QUEBEC to Big Apple lol BC seems more like a tourist attraction thats about it lol... ;-)
Actually I disagree because look at Western Canada,We and Alberta and Saskatchewan are doing the best economically compared to the rest of Canada,Yes Quebec and Ontario are nearer to New York but they are still are"HAVE NOT' provinces which means they do not have enough resources so richer "HAVE'provinces like BC,Alberta and Saskatchewan send money to subsidize them,Basic Question If Ontario and Quebec are so great,Why Do BC,Alberta and Saskatchewan have to SUBSIDIZE them,Why doesnt Ontario want to have more then 1000 Immigrants,Is it because It has no jobs for them?Why can We(BC) absorb 20,000-30,000 a year,Maybe because we HAVE JOBS???.Think about it for a bit,Why do those great provinces need charity from Western Canada??and Why are they needing Immigrants,Could it be to replace the residents who moved to Western Canada

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Hi BCGuy,

One of my ex-colleague is starting a company in BC and he want me to join the company. However, I would be the second employee of the company after him. Since it is a new company and do you think it would be a smooth transition for him to sponsor me as a foreign worker under skilled category. And more over, my skills (S/w product development) does not require HRDC approval as per CIC web site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp
Can you please let me know if employer letter would be sufficient to apply for Work Permit??

Thanks
Flames

Sep 20, 2008
BC guy my guess is Ontario want to keep fewer immigrants under PNP cuz believe it or not the large population of immigrant choose the east coast, moreover they want to retain best and the brightest so that nomination still sounds more like an achievement/accomplishment rather than short cut to immigration thru other province's PNP programs. I'd still say BC and AB can be the best place for tourism purpose but for settlement there permanently thats more ahhhhmmmm!!! lol

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
endlessecho2003 said:
BC guy my guess is Ontario want to keep fewer immigrants under PNP cuz believe it or not the large population of immigrant choose the east coast, moreover they want to retain best and the brightest so that nomination still sounds more like an achievement/accomplishment rather than short cut to immigration thru other province's PNP programs. I'd still say BC and AB can be the best place for tourism purpose but for settlement there permanently thats more ahhhhmmmm!!! lol
Ontario had a high unemployment rate compared to BC and AB for several years now. That's why they turn immigrants away. It will be an achievement to get ON PNP because they are hard to come by. I know several people born and brought up in GTA had to move to the west cost to find a job.
I hardly know of a case where some one from the west had to move to the east to find a job.
If jobs, low taxes and high standards of living are what u need then BC, AB are the places to go in Canada.

You should do a thorough research buddy. East coast is full house.

bc1357

May 4, 2009
hello all, im a 22 year old american with 5 years experience in logistics and material handling. i have a high school diploma and some college. i don't qualify for a skilled worker visa, so im thinking the best way to relocate to canada would be to find a canadian employer who will hire me. i would like to live in BC and was wondering what the job market is for people without degrees. would i be able to get a job wth my work experience? would the province of BC even consider sponsoring someone like me? any honest replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Generally Yes,But that is a Federal area not Provincial,But on the surface you seem to meet the criteria.This reply is for Flames

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
bc1357 said:
hello all, im a 22 year old american with 5 years experience in logistics and material handling. i have a high school diploma and some college. i don't qualify for a skilled worker visa, so im thinking the best way to relocate to canada would be to find a canadian employer who will hire me. i would like to live in BC and was wondering what the job market is for people without degrees. would i be able to get a job wth my work experience? would the province of BC even consider sponsoring someone like me? any honest replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Actually We have a program called the Semi Skilled Program,If you find employment in the qualifying jobs you can stay,A lot of Washington State Residents have already moved North,Under Nafta if you have an employer you can pretty much stay