Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Linda Solomon is a Pulitzer Prize nominated American Writer from a Wealthy American family that migrated to Canada after 9/11.I quote a passage from her book Why I love Vancouver.

Not Just a love affair,I learned the words to the Canadian National anthem the year my youngest son started kindergarden.Each Morning the entire class,along with all the parents made a circle and sang the Canadian anthem.There was no flag to stare at while singing and nobody placed a hand over their hearts

At first,I hardly even tried to sing along,Wasnt it painfully obvious that i was an impostor.I thought,as I tried to catch the eye of the only other American parent,a businessman who worked in Seattle.Wouldnt the real Canadians in the circle be offended by us wannabes bumbling along?

The other American and I would catch each others eye and a look would pass between us.We knew the truth about each other.We werent fooled by the lip synching or the earnest expression we attempted as the Canadians around us sang of the great north.

A few months into the School year,everything changed,After 5 years of paperwork,I recieved a letter from Canada Immigration welcoming me and my family to the country
The journey from New York to Vancouver had ended,No one would ever tell me that I didnt have a right to health care.I belonged to a country that had taken me in crisis and I settled in a city selected out of passion for its beauty,people and culture.Now in the Kindergarden Circle I wanted to get it right

O Canada Our Home and Native land

For many weeks after becoming a landed Immigrant,singing the National Anthem brought tears to my eyes.I still felt the real Canadians might be laughing at me.but it no longer bothered me.My love affair with Canada had gone beyond the Honeymoon stage O,Canadsa I sang I felt my heart would burst

tasia

May 16, 2011
I love Canada that way too and I sang the National Anthem with pride.

Oh Canada

love it.

csesuvra

May 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GREAT!!!!!!!! Nice sharing. It's really a matter to become emotional..

armincka

Apr 6, 2011
Armenia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi BCguy,

thanks a lot for sharing such an inspiring and positive post! The book is indeed great!