+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why have proof of funds been requested for CEC ITA?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Why have I been asked to provide proof of funds for a CEC ITA? Has this happened to anyone else? There is no funds requirement for CEC applicants so I'm just not sure why they are asking for this. Thanks

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
Conor9900 said:
Why have I been asked to provide proof of funds for a CEC ITA? Has this happened to anyone else? There is no funds requirement for CEC applicants so I'm just not sure why they are asking for this. Thanks
Are you sure you have received your in the CEC category ?? The way i know it CEC do not need Proof of funds..

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
Conor9900 said:
T4 NOA is fine if you in Canada working. If you out of Canada they have the right to ask POF

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bcs you should have put ZERO where they asked you "how much money...." simple. If you put more than zero you have to proove it.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Conor9900 said:
Thank you Armaniz, I put 0 instead and that requirement disappeared from my checklist. +1
This is very interesting, I didn't know you could modify EE profile answers after ITA. Even more interesting is that is seems like the custom generated document list is dynamic (It changes if information is modified).

So to confirm, if I put under my EE-CEC profile that I would be bringing 1.5k for example, and then I get ITA and the custom document list is asking me for PoF, if I modify the answers post-ITA, the document list checklist changes accordingly?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Yes it does Garj, you can change the checklist even after it is generated by changing the details you have input in your application. You'll still have to include anything you were awarded points for of course or your application might be denied when you finally submit it

porc

Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Barn Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
This is very interesting, I didn't know you could modify EE profile answers after ITA. Even more interesting is that is seems like the custom generated document list is dynamic (It changes if information is modified).

So to confirm, if I put under my EE-CEC profile that I would be bringing 1.5k for example, and then I get ITA and the custom document list is asking me for PoF, if I modify the answers post-ITA, the document list checklist changes accordingly?
Good information for CEC applicants

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
No as Armaniz pointed out above, if you put down 0 for funds, they will not ask for any proof. You should only do this if you are applying under a program that does not require the candidate to have a minimum level of funds such as CEC

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Conor9900 said:
No as Armaniz pointed out above, if you put down 0 for funds, they will not ask for any proof. You should only do this if you are applying under a program that does not require the candidate to have a minimum level of funds such as CEC
trouble is, you have to backup everything you put in your original EE profile submission - the one you completed to get the ITA - (because you potentially got points in the pool for those funds) so dropping your funds down to 0 after your ITA is too late.

I am in this boat too. I put a random figure down which was in my account at that moment. Yet I am currently working in canada and have a job offer so shouldnt need to prove the funds. I am not sure whether to submit my application without the funds or go to my bank (TD) and just get the proof as it requests

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
You don't get points for funds, they're only relevant if you're going to be invited under FSW and you are not already in Canada. The ITA letter says that you should consider rejecting the ITA if your circumstances have changed and your points have reduced - this is not the case here - they will not reduce if you remove your funds. It's your call of course but I am comfortable changing my funds to 0 - if they want proof that I have the figure I originally put down, I can provide it.

It think it's just another of the (many) flaws in the new automated system, they shouldn't even be requesting proof of funds for CEC applicants but the system is automatically generating it on the checklist because we put a figure down

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
you're right

I think my biggest issue is over thinking all this - because their wording is so ambigiuos its easy to think yourself into believing they could reject your application for small omissions.

High-school diploma is another one - dont need it for CEC, yet I put it down in my original profile and now I have to spend $300 getting a pointless ECA on something not needed for my immigration class
I have approx 900 points, so even without that education points I should still have gotten picked - but do I fold and spend the $300 or just upload a letter of explanation.

such a stressful process

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
I hear that. I put down that I have relatives in Canada (which I do but they live on the other side of the country, I never see them and am not a dependent) and my reward for honesty is that I have to go looking for passports/marriage certs and a load of other docs for them, even though I got no points for putting them down. I'm going to go ahead and send that stuff because I don't want to lie on my application but I'm pretty sure even requesting all that is a mistake on CIC's part, they should only need that stuff if I have a dependent/spouse or whatever.

For your high school diploma, if you were given points for it, I think you should back it up with proof. The only things I would amend after getting my ITA are things that don't affect my points total (such as funds etc).

Agreed, very stressful process, though I was a hell of a lot more stressed last week before I got my ITA so I'm grateful for that at least. Good luck with your application