+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why do student visas get rejected if CEC is open to students?

kindbeans

May 25, 2011
I don't get it. I read on here that many student visas get rejected when Canada allows students to migrate through CEC. Wouldn't they know that students may stay on to work in canada after graduation? So why do they still reject visas on the basis of the students overstaying?

And especially visas from India, Pakistan.

umairfarooqch

Feb 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration and work permit has nothing to do with the student visa....bcoz its the responsibility of the visa office to make sure that the applicant is genuine student and will return to his country .... where-as immigration policy is something else... its applicable when u r not a student......

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kindbeans said:
I don't get it. I read on here that many student visas get rejected when Canada allows students to migrate through CEC. Wouldn't they know that students may stay on to work in canada after graduation? So why do they still reject visas on the basis of the students overstaying?

And especially visas from India, Pakistan.
You r right kindbeans.........it seems confusing to most of the people ... and myself too when i applied long time ago ........basically .... Canada immigrates 400,000 people every year ............ issue is not with staying or working in Canada ...... issue is illegally staying and working ....... or ..... coming here as student and applying for refugee ..... they address these two issues by checking that student will come back to his home country ....... They want and they know that if u will get a good job u will stay ... for sure ........ but what they want to know is what if u dont get a good job ..... will u hav enough ties to ur home country that u will come back ..............
That is the only reason if u see they allow applying for immigration and student visa ...... at the same time even ....... but still they want to make sure that if u dont get immigration and after studies u dont get job .........u will come back to ur home country and would not look for illegal ways to settle down..........

Well its not their fault ..... if u go to desi areas in Canada ..... you will know ..... people came on visit over here and stayed and applied for refugees ..... they canot get a score of 1 on the scale of 9 in IELTS and they are refugeee immigrants .... they had no choice to bring somthing to make sure that people will return to their country especially wen the apply for temporary visas.....

hope i answered ur question...........

saadileo

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
IELTS Request
IBT TOEFL 114
Med's Request
July 2, 2011
Med's Done....
July 11, 2011
Passport Req..
July 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 5, 2011
Apparently both things are contradicting (as you said in your question) but here's the thing...Canada does not want people who simply want to enter Canada and use the study permit for doing so. Unfortunately, there are many people among us who are using study permit as a bridge to enter Canada quickly. They want quality immigrants therefore, they do filter out potential black sheep at the very first stage.

kindbeans

May 25, 2011
qamalik729 said:
You r right kindbeans.........it seems confusing to most of the people ... and myself too when i applied long time ago ........basically .... Canada immigrates 400,000 people every year ............ issue is not with staying or working in Canada ...... issue is illegally staying and working ....... or ..... coming here as student and applying for refugee ..... they address these two issues by checking that student will come back to his home country ....... They want and they know that if u will get a good job u will stay ... for sure ........ but what they want to know is what if u dont get a good job ..... will u hav enough ties to ur home country that u will come back ..............
That is the only reason if u see they allow applying for immigration and student visa ...... at the same time even ....... but still they want to make sure that if u dont get immigration and after studies u dont get job .........u will come back to ur home country and would not look for illegal ways to settle down..........

Well its not their fault ..... if u go to desi areas in Canada ..... you will know ..... people came on visit over here and stayed and applied for refugees ..... they canot get a score of 1 on the scale of 9 in IELTS and they are refugeee immigrants .... they had no choice to bring somthing to make sure that people will return to their country especially wen the apply for temporary visas.....

hope i answered ur question...........

Great answer, thanks so much, it makes a lot of sense. May your kindness be returned for taking time to answer this. Love ya.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are not afraid of the students that complete their courses, get their post grad work permits, work and get their immigration through CEC. They are afraid of what happens if your studies don't work out for you, if you fail your exams or you graduate but can't get a skilled job to qualify for CEC. That is why they want to be sure that if things don't go well for you, you will leave again and not stay illegally.