App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I was too chicken to apply outland, even if it takes shorter. I just had a baby and I did not want to risk to fly overseas for an interview in case it was needed. I know I could hold my PR by now, Vienna is quite a fast visa office.
On the other hand there were other pros to apply inland:
I held a WP and my employer wanted to continue working with me once it ran out of time- my extension request still sits in Vegreville waiting on a decision.
I studied here before and practically living in Canada for more than 3 years- we have common possesions with my husband like house, car, ect.
My son was born Canadian, his Hungarian citizenship application is still in process (takes about 15 monts), therefore I could not stay with him in Hungary for an extended period.
My husband and I have never spent 2 days apart for 2,5 years and I rather stay with him during the process (I am aware that it is possible with an outland appl. also).

In the last 9 month there were at least 100.000 times when I regret not to apply through Vienna, but I made my decision and I just hope I will work out for me at the end.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
kelKel said:
We initially applied inland also through ignorance. We thought in Canada meant we had to go the inland route. If I had found this forum beforehand I would have chosen the other way. After about 3 months of our application sitting in Vegreville we decided to withdraw and apply through Buffalo.
Very smart!
I bet you don't regret that decision!