+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHV + LMO at the same time

IntifadaHD

Jan 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

I recently applied for a WHV (nearly 2 months ago) and I should receive it within the next month.

In the last week I got a job in Canada, and the company will offer a 4 months contract (open LMO maybe). It should take around 2-3 months to get the work permit from the company.

I was wondering whether I can have at the same time WHV and in the meantime obtaining the other work permit. I would first use the LMO (I think is this one) and afterwards I would activate the WHV. Is there any kind of issue at having both at the same time? Do I have to withdraw my WHV application (I am still in time)?? Of course I wouldn't like that much this last option. But more important, will the fact of having applied for the WHV compromise the obtainment of the other work permit (I repeat, probably and open LMO)?.

Thank you for your help, I will really appreciate it.

IntifadaHD

Jan 20, 2014
Can anyone help me out with this? I didn't find any information about it. I just remember that when compiling the form for IEC (WHV) there was a mention whether I already had a Job offer from a company. At that time of course I wasn't aware of my current job offer.