+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHO HAS VALID BIOMETRICS FROM A PREVIOUS TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA PRIOR TO 2020 AND APPLIED FOR STUDY PERMIT THIS YEAR?

geegee2020

Nov 12, 2020
Hi, please who has previously applied for a temporary resident visa in the past and you have biometrics that are valid for your current study permit application??

I ask because I did my biometrics in 2017 for my visit visa and it's valid till 2027. However, because i didn't so my biometrics with my current study permit application, i have no tracking ID for my passport. I submitted my passport last Friday via courier service and the VAC doesn't understand that I don't have a tracking ID. They have been unable to gimme updates regarding my passport whereabouts without the tracking Id. What do I do please?

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I did, I don’t think that is the reason why, call your VAC or email them and ask them to provide your tracking id. I too didn’t receive any update from only for me to call and find out that they made a mistake with my email address.

geegee2020

Nov 12, 2020
I did, I don’t think that is the reason why, call your VAC or email them and ask them to provide your tracking id. I too didn’t receive any update from only for me to call and find out that they made a mistake with my email address.
Thank you so much. I have been unable to get through to them though. They take forever to respond via email and the line is always busy

geegee2020

Nov 12, 2020
i have been trying to get in touch with vac in lagos since monday. i just finally spoke to them over the phone and the lady said she needs to manually check for my passport application

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, I was about to tell you to keep calling and it will eventually go through, you can call up to 25 times for it to go through. When I called, they asked for my name and D.O.B, and they where able to get my Tracking id. Call again maybe someone else will answer you and assist you better.

geegee2020

Nov 12, 2020
She says that she’s not sure what the problem was that my passport hasn’t been attended to. But that she will confirm after checking for the passport. Sigh I actually got through to them on my 43rd try

geegee2020

Nov 12, 2020
That’s good news, congratulations you’d soon receive your passport. When did you receive these? How long did it take after submitting your passport?