02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
jbiyer1982 said:
Hi Everyone!

Its been long time since I was here.

Char_Bonel, you were right about my AOR. The letter from CIC, Sydney got lost in the transit...wonder what happened to the email.

Finally, I was able to prod both the Sydney and NewDelhi offices and got the reply finally on Feb 1st 2010 and unfortunately my 120 day deadline ends on 24th Feb 2010.

Now I have got all the documents exxcept my Police Clearance Certificate for which the verification by the Cop office is done. Hopefully I will get my PCC this week and I will be able to send all my documents by time.

Can you please tell me when I can expect the call for medicals? (assuming that I submit this week)

depends on visa office.im waiting for 3 weeks now to rcv medical request :'( :'( :'(

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
Hi,

My parametres are the following:
Aug 2009 sent application to Nova Scotia,
14 Oct got AOR,
18 Dec sent documents to visa office /Vienna-Austria/,
29 Jan visa office asked for IELTS and additional police certificate
6 March I'll do my IELTS exam.

This is the stage where I am. I'm a bit frustrated as I think some points could have been scored for my language proficiency based on the written evidences I provided. My application status is "in process". I'm wondering if they could still refuse my application after I submit IELTS result. I have 61 points without IELTS.
I wish you all the best and a PR soon!

jbiyer1982

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Aug 2009
AOR Received.
1st Feb 2010
File Transfer...
03-Nov-2009
Sent my full application to CHC, NewDelhi...along with PCC and IELTS..!

Lot relieved now...!

I will provide an update as and when I see some change in E-Cas

Can some one help how much it would cost for my medicals? I request anyone from India to help me here!

H

hopscotch

how many points did you put for proficiency? and how did you apply if you get 61 points?

Christine32 said:
Hi,

My parametres are the following:
Aug 2009 sent application to Nova Scotia,
14 Oct got AOR,
18 Dec sent documents to visa office /Vienna-Austria/,
29 Jan visa office asked for IELTS and additional police certificate
6 March I'll do my IELTS exam.

This is the stage where I am. I'm a bit frustrated as I think some points could have been scored for my language proficiency based on the written evidences I provided. My application status is "in process". I'm wondering if they could still refuse my application after I submit IELTS result. I have 61 points without IELTS.
I wish you all the best and a PR soon!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeC said:
Refer my sig for timelines..

Expect to be stuck in 'Received by visa office' for a while now.
OrangeC, You seem to have received a New Year's gift from Buffalo :) Anyway, looks like at your time at least an AOR was issued in 4 weeks, now Buffalo has gone upto 6.5 weeks just for AOR. I believe by my time it maybe 8 weeks :-( Anyway all the best, our categories are same, so do keep updating your progress

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
hopscotch said:
how many points did you put for proficiency? and how did you apply if you get 61 points?
Hi Hopscotch,

I expected at least 12 points for my language proficiency however I was still asked to do IELTS. I did it on the 6th March and hope for the best. I have 61 points without my language knowledge assessment. I think they asked for the exam because that's the official way but it is more than likely that I'll have more than 67 points altogether.
What do you mean by the question "how did you apply if you get 61 points"?

H

hopscotch

ok :) i thought this 61 was after you put in language proficiency points.

ahluwal

Mar 8, 2010
Hi -

I am new to the forum, but very impressed with all the information posted in here. I also filed my application back in August and received the AOR in October. I sent the complete file package on 10th Feb (the PCC clearance took almost 12 weeks). My application is filed in Buffalo Office and haven't received any AOR. Is 6 - 8 weeks the time period I need to wait before I see that ? Also, has anyone heard any update on what's the processing time for Buffalo office after the second AOR is sent out.

NOC - 0213
Visa Office - Buffalo
First AOR - 7 Oct, 2009
Docs (Full Set Sent) - Feb 10, 2010
2nd AOR - TBD
Medical - TBD
Visa (PR) - TBD

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahluwal, Your timelines and category are very similar to mine. You are right, currently Buffalo is giving an AOR by 7-8 weeks after receipt of complete application package. After the second AOR is sent out by Buffalo, you may not hear anything till 10-12 months. Recently however, it seems slowly Buffalo is picking up speed and some applicants have heard as soon as 8 months with a medical request and in a few cases, Buffalo has also been transferring cases to local consulates of Detroit, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York, etc. if they couldn't process in around 10 months. Out of curiosity, can I ask a question? It seems there was a gap of 126 days between your issue of 1st AOR and your sending of complete application package to Buffalo. As far as I know, the time allowed is 120 days, did you get a nextension for submission?

ahluwal

Mar 8, 2010
HI Garian -

Thanks for the update.

My bad. The date for the first AOR was 07 Nov versus 07 Oct. So it was around 100 days when I sent my complete application. Hope that explains. My FBI fingerprinting tool almost 12 weeks and hence so long. Otherwise my application set was ready to be posted in Nov itself.

I have another question for the group. Suppose you also get an offer letter from a company in Canada, would you be able to send this to be appended to the application ? Or should i wait until I hear back from Buffalo office before i can do that.

Thanks

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahluwal, Same thing again. My FBI fingerprinting took 13.5 weeks otherwise I was good to submit everything in Nov 09 itself. Regarding your other question, I guess there are some useful info posted by MarkCan on the thread "Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)" :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-immigration-forum/-t26562.0.html

You can refer to that and also follow that thread as it has many useful info related to our cases.

sunshy

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
:) 3 weeks time is just peanuts compared to what they take in islamabad visa office.. btw any update??

char_bonel said:
depends on visa office.im waiting for 3 weeks now to rcv medical request :'( :'( :'(

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am sending out my documents next week, I went to bank today and found out that they give average balance of last 6 months with current balance, I was not aware of it, I just transfered money from my other account couple of weeks back.Is there any problem if average balance is low and I also don't have time to wait couple days so that average balance will increase, any ideas what could be done?

Also I want to know about 120 days, does that mean my documents should be received by them 120 days or if date is stamped before 120 days is fine. I know in US, it would count if its stamped before 120 days and in transit, any ideas regarding Canada policy??

Shac

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone applied in August 2009 receive medical request or experience "in process" status in ecas??? its almost 3.5 months singapore received my full docs but haven't yet started processing my case. Also can anyone give any idea of the verification process? This delay is killing me.. :(

sunshy

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
its the same case in islamabad office. my status hasnt changed to "in process" yet either ( docs sent in nov) but it seems in our visa office they are clearing out older cases like those who have already had their medicals done in aug/sept/oct. As far as the verification process is concerned, there is no single method. in some cases they just make phone calls, in others they have personally visited the place and met employees.. so nothing specific. you can just wait.

Shac said:
Did anyone applied in August 2009 receive medical request or experience "in process" status in ecas??? its almost 3.5 months singapore received my full docs but haven't yet started processing my case. Also can anyone give any idea of the verification process? This delay is killing me.. :(