Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
There is nothing wrong with driving a taxi and am sure that those driving taxis are also running their family pretty well. Just that a lot of overqualified immigrants are giving a competition to the existing ones, especially when your reason to immigrate was not the same! If you read between the lines, the intention of this thread was to highlight the importance of becoming a successful immigrant. Canada is a land of opportunity and they want you to be successful in contributing to the economy by practicing a profession you are an expert in. That is why this particular immigrant class is called as Federal 'Skilled' Worker. In my observation, a lot of recent statements and actions of CIC proves that they have taken this aspect seriously, which is a good news. CIIP is just an example. So, a lot of us can start working in our own fields of interest and expertise without having to wait long to start from where we left, as many previous immigrants did. Yes, ultimately in any field, many things depends on how smart you are!

jamshaid79

Apr 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
True, its really hard to believe that a person who is an immigrant to a new developed country is driving "A TAXI" but thats what they have to do if they dont have a job what else they can do, and a part from that, its not like other countries where TAXI DRIVERS are considered as low class labour, they have every single right as other immigrants, and as KARWA SACH said they are far better then those who are living on SI or other platforms for survival, from my Side.....

A SALUTE TO ALL THE TAXI DRIVERS.....cse they are the hero's of there family and are proud to earn hard cash..they can see thier kids face to face atleast

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASK said:
There is nothing wrong with driving a taxi and am sure that those driving taxis are also running their family pretty well. Just that a lot of overqualified immigrants are giving a competition to the existing ones, especially when your reason to immigrate was not the same! If you read between the lines, the intention of this thread was to highlight the importance of becoming a successful immigrant. Canada is a land of opportunity and they want you to be successful in contributing to the economy by practicing a profession you are an expert in. That is why this particular immigrant class is called as Federal 'Skilled' Worker. In my observation, a lot of recent statements and actions of CIC proves that they have taken this aspect seriously, which is a good news. CIIP is just an example. So, a lot of us can start working in our own fields of interest and expertise without having to wait long to start where we left, as many previous immigrants did. Yes, ultimately in any field, many things depends on how smart you are!
jamshaid79 said:
True, its really hard to believe that a person who is an immigrant to a new developed country is driving "A TAXI" but thats what they have to do if they dont have a job what else they can do, and a part from that, its not like other countries where TAXI DRIVERS are considered as low class labour, they have every single right as other immigrants, and as KARWA SACH said they are far better then those who are living on SI or other platforms for survival, from my Side.....

A SALUTE TO ALL THE TAXI DRIVERS.....cse they are the hero's of there family and are proud to earn hard cash..they can see thier kids face to face atleast
i second and plus one for both of u

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
I agree, this is unfortunate. A fate I hope me and my wife (she's a Doctor) both don’t have to face!
Some people are feeling fortunate to have this job and selected it, no doubt that’s a minority (or perhaps they say this in order not to have people pity them)…
Interesting issues and good to keep abreast before making our first landing :)