+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which Province Nomination is open now

hamzi

May 9, 2016
Hi,

I am new to start Canada immigration process. Checked my scope on CRS , which is around 400. What i believe it is better to apply provincial nomination program. Hope it will give me 600 point to qualify in pool.

Is there any generous soul to help me in this process. Help me to understand the Provincial nomination system.
Which province nomination is available?

Regards
Hammad

diaa_algazzar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
If you have no job offer, u will end up with:
1- Prince Edward but early respond
2- Manitopa conditioned with friend support already there.
3- Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia open from time to time, just follow their web sites
4- New Brunswick conditioned by attending information session held by them in foreign countries.

Keep following this forum, you will find more details.

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
diaa_algazzar said:
If you have no job offer, u will end up with:
1- Prince Edward but early respond
2- Manitopa conditioned with friend support already there.
3- Saskatchewan and Nova Scotia open from time to time, just follow their web sites
4- New Brunswick conditioned by attending information session held by them in foreign countries.

Keep following this forum, you will find more details.

As a matter for fact NB also accept other applications not only people who attended info sessions, Manitoba has a small place called Morden where there's no need to any ties to apply.

PE only respond to application they think it will work there market requirements. Saskatchewan opens but it has a list of occupations that may apply

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
NB has restricted their invites significantly during the last 2 months...it seems they've gotten a good number of applicants already hehe.

I believe PEI is the only really open province at the moment - their ITA takes a while though.

dhvs

May 31, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Nomination.....
23-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
1) PEI - it is supposed to be opened: nobody understands exactly the process (maybe, nor the own province). We don't know the NOCs in demand. Receiving a response after EOI (Expression of Interest) is like winning the lottery.
2) New Brunswick - closed: they had, for a couple of months, the Open category, which allowed EOI from in-demand NOCs. However, they closed it and, as a result, a lot of people who sent EOI is waiting a response until now, without any certainty. And the province chose the inconvenient/unfair method of giving "verbal ITAs" to whom attend (in person) their sessions across the world.
3) Saskatchewan - closed: you need to collect all the required documents upfront. When they randomically open the process, it is on a first-come/first-served basis, so the quotas end up really fast.
4) Nova Scotia - closed: getting a nomination can last up to 1 year. It is a very slow process. The 2016 quota has not opened yet, but with their velocity, I don't know if it will ever be a reality.

I can't say too much about Ontario. The other provinces does not offer a PNP without a permanent job offer (LMIA approved).

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Saskatchewan opens up a few hundred slots every now and then...but you really need to check their site regularly to find out.

Ontario is usually the most sought after province, and some people say they might re-open during the December.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhvs said:
1) PEI - it is supposed to be opened: nobody understands exactly the process (maybe, nor the own province). We don't know the NOCs in demand. Receiving a response after EOI (Expression of Interest) is like winning the lottery.
2) New Brunswick - closed: they had, for a couple of months, the Open category, which allowed EOI from in-demand NOCs. However, they closed it and, as a result, a lot of people who sent EOI is waiting a response until now, without any certainty. And the province chose the inconvenient/unfair method of giving "verbal ITAs" to whom attend (in person) their sessions across the world.
3) Saskatchewan - closed: you need to collect all the required documents upfront. When they randomically open the process, it is on a first-come/first-served basis, so the quotas end up really fast.
4) Nova Scotia - closed: getting a nomination can last up to 1 year. It is a very slow process. The 2016 quota has not opened yet, but with their velocity, I don't know if it will ever be a reality.

I can't say too much about Ontario. The other provinces does not offer a PNP without a permanent job offer (LMIA approved).
I expect the immigration programs for the Maritimes (NB, PEI, NS) to be limited for now. From all the news reports these provinces are requesting with the federal government to introduce some changes that will enable them to retain immigrants or divert immigrants to settle in these provinces (perhaps from federal streams?). There has been some news of a new pilot program for the Maritimes, but no specifics - only a quick comment of changes coming in the fall.

.../atb