+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which PNP should i consider with CRS 410?

palaviS

Sep 7, 2020
i am currently working on a closed WP for an employer in Toronto. I have been in Canada for 6 months now. Ive submitted my express entry profile but my CRS is 410. which all provinces do I stand a chance to get PNP from? what should i do to get the invite to apply for PR from any of the provinces? please note - my current assignment might end soon so I do not want to wait for the completion of 1 year (and get more points CEC category) so looking for PNP options

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Do you have at least one continuous year of full-time foreign skilled work experience? Because you need to be eligible for at least one Express Entry stream for any EE-linked PNP streams where your CRS score might be a selection factor, and if not the CEC then that leaves FSW.

Is your NOC in-demand in any provinces? 410 is a little on the low end; you want least 420 or 430, and obviously should seek to finish your year of Canadian work experience. What are is your CLB level? Studying for an IELTS/CELPIP retake is the fastest way to raise your CRS score if you haven't maxed out that category yet.

palaviS

Sep 7, 2020
Do you have at least one continuous year of full-time foreign skilled work experience? Because you need to be eligible for at least one Express Entry stream for any EE-linked PNP streams where your CRS score might be a selection factor, and if not the CEC then that leaves FSW.

Is your NOC in-demand in any provinces? 410 is a little on the low end; you want least 420 or 430, and obviously should seek to finish your year of Canadian work experience. What are is your CLB level? Studying for an IELTS/CELPIP retake is the fastest way to raise your CRS score if you haven't maxed out that category yet.
Yes, I have a total of 10+ years of IT experience (including 6 months in Canada). My NOC code is 2174 (computer programmer)I wrote Celpip and my scores are S-7, R-12, L-10, W-12 (overall CLB seems to be 7). For FSW my CRS score is low, i believe. Therefore, im looking for PNP options. Thanks in advance! please let me know on my best options

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Your CRS is indeed quite low for FSW, but it is also a bit low for most PNP streams. You can sort them here. 2174 is a good NOC to have but many streams targeted toward tech workers want 460+, hence the initial suggestion to work on your CELPIP score, although there isn't a ton of room for improvement there. I assume you're in your 30s and are losing points for age.

If you are serious about improving your chances for PR, you might consider learning French up to a B2 level, or with your level of experience it may be feasible to network and find an employer to sponsor you with an LMIA.