+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one to apply visitors or supervisa

Lled

Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,

First of all, thank you for helping me out in understanding how to proceed ahead with application.

I am planning to bring my parents here to visit me and brother. And so, looking to understand what would work out best.

Reason to visit:
1. I am getting married.
2. Visit my brother's new born child.

Conditions:
1. I am presently employed full time with annual income of $75K, presently on PR.
2. My eldest brother is also a full time employee with annual income of $140K on PR
3. My parents are old, my mother a home maker, father, retired. They have no properties, and no good bank account ($3000). We can show money account but I understand it will not make much difference.
4. My parents have 10 year multiple entry visitors visa to US with my mother also travelling to visit my brother when he resided there. My father didn't travel to US.
5. They also traveled to Saudi Arabia for a visit.
6. I also have my second elder brother (age 35) in India, who is now separated and alone, he is not a able person as he met with a road accident in 2005 and was in coma for 60 days (long story short), he needs assistance for his daily life. He is not planning to visit Canada.
7. They're planning to visit us here in Canada, my father will leave Canada in a month with my mother planning to stay here for couple of months.

Questions:
1. For visitors visa will they will have to show financial ability to support their stay here in Canada or can we (myself and my brother) show our income to cover their trip to Canada, from air tickets to their stay?
2. Can I write a join letter of invitation from myself and my brother to invite my parents to Canada.
3. What should be the reason to visit, if I mention my marriage, do I also have to include wedding invitation and other customary invitations?
4. Visitors or Super visa? --> My plan is invite them on visitors here first and then apply for super visa at the end of their stay, reason for this to cut down costs as I am expecting more expenses for marriage.
5. Ties to India: can I show my disabled brother as their ties to India? They have limited financial ability at the moment and have no properties, my mother has some jewelry and $3000 in their accounts.
6. Considering my conditions, what do you think is the better option, visitors or super visa?
7. Is my understanding correct when I think, for visitors, they will have to provide financial support for their stay and for Super Visa, me and my brother can show financial support to them during their stay in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) yes
2) yes, you can write a joint invitation with your brother
4) At end of stay, they can extend their stay.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just remember that applicants for a super visa can only apply from outside Canada so your parents cannot apply whilst visiting.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reason to visit:
2. Visit my brother's new born child.
Not advisable to state this as the purpose of their visit for any visa category.

Conditions:
3. My parents are old, my mother a home maker, father, retired. They have no properties, and no good bank account ($3000). We can show money account but I understand it will not make much difference.
5. They also traveled to Saudi Arabia for a visit.
6. I also have my second elder brother (age 35) in India, who is now separated and alone, he is not a able person as he met with a road accident in 2005 and was in coma for 60 days (long story short), he needs assistance for his daily life. He is not planning to visit Canada.
7. They're planning to visit us here in Canada, my father will leave Canada in a month with my mother planning to stay here for couple of months.
As your parents do not have any assets + extremely low finances + intended stay is only for one month/max few months for your mom, it is best to apply for super visas instead of TRVs.

IMO, their chances of TRV approvals are zero. The only point that might work in their favor is your brother who is dependent on them.

4. My parents have 10 year multiple entry visitors visa to US with my mother also travelling to visit my brother when he resided there. My father didn't travel to US.
They can apply for CAN+ processing if they have Indian passports.

Questions:
1. For visitors visa will they will have to show financial ability to support their stay here in Canada or can we (myself and my brother) show our income to cover their trip to Canada, from air tickets to their stay?
This won't work.

2. Can I write a join letter of invitation from myself and my brother to invite my parents to Canada.
Yes, you can

3. What should be the reason to visit, if I mention my marriage, do I also have to include wedding invitation and other customary invitations?
Yes, all evidence of your wedding bookings, invitations, etc.

4. Visitors or Super visa? --> My plan is invite them on visitors here first and then apply for super visa at the end of their stay, reason for this to cut down costs as I am expecting more expenses for marriage.
Super visas by stating a visit of more than 6 months at the minimum.

They cannot apply for super visas when they are in Canada.

5. Ties to India: can I show my disabled brother as their ties to India? They have limited financial ability at the moment and have no properties, my mother has some jewelry and $3000 in their accounts.
They are unable to demonstrate adequate finances, assets, no travel history to visa-required countries, family ties to Canada will outweigh those to India, etc. Basically, again, zero chances of TRV approvals.

7. Is my understanding correct when I think, for visitors, they will have to provide financial support for their stay and for Super Visa, me and my brother can show financial support to them during their stay in Canada.
You and your brother cannot co-host your parents for their super visas

Reactions: bellaluna

Lled

Jan 7, 2019
Thanks all for the response.

@Bryanna

Thanks for the response, I will not have wedding invitations ready in this month but I am planning to apply in this month for their Super visa, can I mention the reason as visiting us, attend my marriage and not attach any wedding invitations? will it have an negative impact on the application?

also, For super visa, the visa officer would look if the sponsor (me) is financially capable of sponsoring my parents, and not their financial situation in India, right?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks all for the response.

@Bryanna

Thanks for the response, I will not have wedding invitations ready in this month but I am planning to apply in this month for their Super visa, can I mention the reason as visiting us, attend my marriage and not attach any wedding invitations? will it have an negative impact on the application?
Hard evidence makes the claim to seem convincing.

also, For super visa, the visa officer would look if the sponsor (me) is financially capable of sponsoring my parents, and not their financial situation in India, right?
That's right.

You may also want to consider applying only for your mom first by indicating your dad and brother as the family ties to return to. Otherwise your brother is not a dependent family member if both your parents intend to travel together. Who would take care of him?