+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC is best suited for Credit risk managment profil in financial industry

studddiesel

Mar 28, 2016
Hi All,

I need you advice/ suggestion / help regarding selection of NOC for applying PR via express entry.

Just to give background about myself .I possess Bachelors & masters degree in biotechnology & biochem engineering from renowned college in India. However now I have more than 6 years of experience in credit risk management in finance industry. I have worked with top US & UK banks & have gained diverse experience in account management strategy team, Model governance team & model development teams under credit risk management domain. I also possess FRM certification by GARP & SAS programming certifications which are in line with my current job profile.

I was not able to relate much with any of the NOC listed because of lack of educational background suited with the job profile. Also how important is the relevant educational background and my eligibility to apply for NOC like 1112 & 2161. Request you to kindly suggest the relevant NOC w.r.to my experience.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
studddiesel said:
Hi All,

I need you advice/ suggestion / help regarding selection of NOC for applying PR via express entry.

Just to give background about myself .I possess Bachelors & masters degree in biotechnology & biochem engineering from renowned college in India. However now I have more than 6 years of experience in credit risk management in finance industry. I have worked with top US & UK banks & have gained diverse experience in account management strategy team, Model governance team & model development teams under credit risk management domain. I also possess FRM certification by GARP & SAS programming certifications which are in line with my current job profile.

I was not able to relate much with any of the NOC listed because of lack of educational background suited with the job profile. Also how important is the relevant educational background and my eligibility to apply for NOC like 1112 & 2161. Request you to kindly suggest the relevant NOC w.r.to my experience.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
For Express Entry, NOC and education need not be related. As long as the duties and responsibilities carried out by your falls under NOC skill type 0, A or B, you can use that work experience to claim points (provided you have documents to support your claim).

NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities, they will help you find the closest fit.

Rjain21

Jan 25, 2021
Hi, what noc code did you finally zero down on? I have similar experience as yours and confused between 1112 and 2161. Please help.