+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which NOC has better chances?

olegseven

Mar 26, 2022
Hi guys,

I have been doing really different jobs at the same time at my home country. As a senior manager at the couple of companies, as well as self-employed entrepreneur, I have an opportunity to emphasize in official papers one of my occupations with which will have better chances to get PR in Canada through EE+ some Provincial stream.

I seek your advice about what occupation will be generally more welcome among different streams, preferably those not requiring job offer.
This is who I am in my daily routine:

- Bookkeper / Accountant
- IT/computer consultant (hardware, software, networking, deep understanding of web trends, social media administration, promotion and marketing, basic php/js skills)
- Senior manager at the [not so big] media company

Previously:
- Journalist, editor-in-chief

Could you please help me choose one I should make all efforts on and choose respective NOC?

I also have an MBA from the UK university, but I believe there are too many such "business administrators" inside Canada and they don't need to be brought in from abroad.

I would appreciate your advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I have been doing really different jobs at the same time at my home country. As a senior manager at the couple of companies, as well as self-employed entrepreneur, I have an opportunity to emphasize in official papers one of my occupations with which will have better chances to get PR in Canada through EE+ some Provincial stream.

I seek your advice about what occupation will be generally more welcome among different streams, preferably those not requiring job offer.
This is who I am in my daily routine:

- Bookkeper / Accountant
- IT/computer consultant (hardware, software, networking, deep understanding of web trends, social media administration, promotion and marketing, basic php/js skills)
- Senior manager at the [not so big] media company

Previously:
- Journalist, editor-in-chief

Could you please help me choose one I should make all efforts on and choose respective NOC?

I also have an MBA from the UK university, but I believe there are too many such "business administrators" inside Canada and they don't need to be brought in from abroad.

I would appreciate your advice.
IT consultant is probably your best option depending on what NOC. Are you a licensed accountant? Not sure how you qualify for all these very different NOCs.

Reactions: olegseven

olegseven

Mar 26, 2022
IT consultant is probably your best option depending on what NOC. Are you a licensed accountant? Not sure how you qualify for all these very different NOCs.
No I am not a licensed accountant in Canada...

Regarding qualifications, I can prove these by different documents, like pay slips, employer references, or contracts and invoices when it comes to my self-employed part of career.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I am not a licensed accountant in Canada...

Regarding qualifications, I can prove these by different documents, like pay slips, employer references, or contracts and invoices when it comes to my self-employed part of career.
Yes but your NOC choice should be the most similar to your employment. Unless you have had multiple different NOC jobs you likely only qualify for one NOC.

Reactions: olegseven