+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which kind of Student Visa do i need to apply?

masci

Apr 16, 2013
Hi All,

I have got into 1 year MBA program and have the offer. I need to apply for the student Visa but not sure which kind of student Visa do i need to apply.
There are 3 checklist by VFS.

Student Visa Checklist - General
Student Visa Checklist - University
SPP.

I know its not SPP. What is the difference in the other 2 and which one do i need to apply.

Please help.

Thanks.

tiger007

Champion Member
masci said:
Hi All,

I have got into 1 year MBA program and have the offer. I need to apply for the student Visa but not sure which kind of student Visa do i need to apply.
There are 3 checklist by VFS.

Student Visa Checklist - General
Student Visa Checklist - University
SPP.

I know its not SPP. What is the difference in the other 2 and which one do i need to apply.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi,

Name of the University/educational institute? That's most important.

It really depends on which educational institute's MBA, you got admitted into. If it's some university like VIU (participating under SPP), then even though it's a university..you will still apply under SPP (provided this is your 1st time applying for a Canadian study permit).
Here's the list of participating educational institutes under SPP:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng

If your educational institute is not on the above list, then as an MBA applicant to a university, you will apply under UNIVERSITY category.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

masci

Apr 16, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Name of the University/educational institute? That's most important.

It really depends on which educational institute's MBA, you got admitted into. If it's some university like VIU (participating under SPP), then even though it's a university..you will still apply under SPP (provided this is your 1st time applying for a Canadian study permit).
Here's the list of participating educational institutes under SPP:

If your educational institute is not on the above list, then as an MBA applicant to a university, you will apply under UNIVERSITY category.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other
sources too.
Thanks a lot for the info.. Thank you very much.. This info greatly helps. :)

masci

Apr 16, 2013
Just for an info..

What is the difference between applying in the category Student Visa - General and Student Visa-University. In which case do we apply either of them. ?

Thanks..

tiger007

Champion Member
masci said:
Just for an info..

What is the difference between applying in the category Student Visa - General and Student Visa-University. In which case do we apply either of them. ?

Thanks..
Hi,

Applicable for citizens of India:

As the name suggests: University category is exclusive for those applying for studies in any of the Canadian public universities.
However, if a first time study permit applicant from India, wishes to apply in 1 of the 3 universities participating under SPP India, then the applicant can apply under SPP even though he/she is applying to a university.

General or Generic category are for the first time applicants either applying to all other colleges, those are not participating under SPP and also for previously rejected, repeat applicants to any of the colleges (even those applying to the colleges participating under SPP).

To know more; see the official checklists of various categories:

University: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Delhi_study_permit_eng.pdf
SPP: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf
Generic: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other
sources too.

masci

Apr 16, 2013
Thanks a lot.
Truly appreciate the response. This helps not only me but all the others who have a similar question or starting fresh.

Thank you..