+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which category to choose for sibling's minor child for visitor visa

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Has anyone applied for their sibling and siblings kids for visitor visa? What category would the siblings kids fall into. The child is a minor and would visit with their parent (sibling of person residing in Canada):

'' To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months'' or
'' To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada''

I think they should choose the first option, but at the end of the application it asks for for the following even though the application is for visitor visa and not supervisa.

• a written and signed promise of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada, and
  • proof that your income meets or is above the low-income cut-off (LICO) for the total number of people, including the visiting parents or grandparents.
Generally, a letter of invitation should state

• the purpose and length of your visit
  • the nature of the relationship between you and the person inviting you
  • the contact information of the person inviting you, and whether they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
If you are invited to conduct business in Canada, a letter of invitation should be printed on the company's letterhead.

Any advice? Thanks!

Trillionex

Apr 29, 2024
Has anyone applied for their sibling and siblings kids for visitor visa? What category would the siblings kids fall into. The child is a minor and would visit with their parent (sibling of person residing in Canada):

'' To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months'' or
'' To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada''

I think they should choose the first option, but at the end of the application it asks for for the following even though the application is for visitor visa and not supervisa.

• a written and signed promise of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada, and
  • proof that your income meets or is above the low-income cut-off (LICO) for the total number of people, including the visiting parents or grandparents.
Generally, a letter of invitation should state

• the purpose and length of your visit
  • the nature of the relationship between you and the person inviting you
  • the contact information of the person inviting you, and whether they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
If you are invited to conduct business in Canada, a letter of invitation should be printed on the company's letterhead.

Any advice? Thanks!

Hello I face the same issue ..which option you seleceted

Trillionex

Apr 29, 2024
Hello Mam..
Thank you for you appropriate reply..
So to confirm.
As I am applying as a family group, Me wife and kid, to visit my sibling sister.

So My option will be : To visit sibling.
Wife n kid : To visit Family less than 6 mn.

If you are free I have few more questions..
Can you help..regarding funds option and representative option too..it would be great help..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Mam..
Thank you for you appropriate reply..
So to confirm.
As I am applying as a family group, Me wife and kid, to visit my sibling sister.

So My option will be : To visit sibling.
Wife n kid : To visit Family less than 6 mn.

If you are free I have few more questions..
Can you help..regarding funds option and representative option too..it would be great help..
How long is visit? You show your bank statements over the past 4 months to show that you can afford to visit Canada. You show ties to return (job letters with approved leave, school registration, income properties, business etc.). You fill out rep form (Link explains it).

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/imm5476-representative-form-for-minor.783586/

Trillionex

Apr 29, 2024
How long is visit? You show your bank statements over the past 4 months to show that you can afford to visit Canada. You show ties to return (job letters with approved leave, school registration, income properties, business etc.). You fill out rep form (Link explains it).

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/imm5476-representative-form-for-minor.783586/
Ya I understood all that ..

1)Regarding funds I mean..

I have shown 20k$ and I have selected option (yes ) in supporting section that my sister will provide food and accomodation and other expenses will be beared by me.

2) Regarding representative i mean ..

I am main applicant ..
So when i select representative for kid , the documents request shows up for all three members..on portal .

so do i have to attach for all three